Newcastle United v Aston Villa - 20/2/17 @ 8pm (live on SkySports 1)

Sir Toon

Darlow

Yedlin    Lascelles      Clark    Dummett

Diame      Shelvey

Ritchie            Perez            Atsu

Gayle

:lol: as if Happy Jack won't be gracing us with his presence tonight.

Darlow

Diame      Shelvey

Gayle

Would love this, but really can't see Rafa going with it.

Darlow

Diame      Shelvey

Gayle

:lol: as if Happy Jack won't be gracing us with his presence tonight.

Probably wishful thinking I agree, but we looked much better against Norwich when Diame came on which I doubt will be lost on Rafa. Not totally out of the realms of possibility that Colback drops to the bench, especially at home.

Trying to talk myself down from some serious arse-twitching (nowt to do with Ian's cock...) anxiety at the mo. Huddersfield and BHA look like they have more fight/resilience than us, but we played well enough/dominated a decent Norwich side so maybe, just maybe a good result will set out our stall before some season defining  games for all three teams and calm all our nerves (unless it is just me).

I feel like there's more pressure on our squad than any others of the chasing pack; and given the team's frailties in the 'mental' department, that's my concern. Again, this is where recruitment in January would've lightened the load.

I feel like there's more pressure on our squad than any others of the chasing pack; and given the team's frailties in the 'mental' department, that's my concern. Again, this is where recruitment in January would've lightened the load.

I agree, lack of leadership on the pitch may pop us into the playoffs, but we need to destroy Villa tonight to get confidence right back up. Hope Gayle is back in every way, we need him so badly tonight.

Not saying you're wrong, but maybe we just feel that because we're Newcastle fans.