Newcastle United v Bristol City - 25/02/17 @ 3:00pm (no TV)

Disco

6-0. A last time we were down vs Barnsley-esque performance. They're s***.

Have a day off man, when did we last score or even look like scoring 6 this season? I get they're shit but I don't know where 6 goals would come from? i'd take 1-0 now  :lol:

How about the two times we won 6-0?

Have a day off man, when did we last score or even look like scoring 6 this season? I get they're s*** but I don't know where 6 goals would come from? i'd take 1-0 now  :lol:

Ok, I suppose I should have prefaced this post with, yes, I realize we did hit 6 twice earlier in the season but it was 6 months ago and we've been basically playing averagely at best since beating Leeds away and scoring 6 without Gayle is tremendously unlikely, though theoretically possible. Better?

Have a day off man, when did we last score or even look like scoring 6 this season? I get they're s*** but I don't know where 6 goals would come from? i'd take 1-0 now  :lol:

Preston and QPR?

Even still, I'm one for overly optimistic hyperbole.

Preston and QPR?

Even still, I'm one for overly optimistic hyperbole.

Yup, I forgot about Preston in the cup and QPR feels like so long ago, it's almost like a different era

Ok, I suppose I should have prefaced this post with, yes, I realize we did hit 6 twice earlier in the season but it was 6 months ago and we've been basically playing averagely at best since beating Leeds away and scoring 6 without Gayle is tremendously unlikely, though theoretically possible. Better?

The two 6-0s were without Gayle :lol:

FWIW I agree, our football has been putrid for a while and would be stunned if we did more than grind out results over this period.

Basically aye. Our goal difference is already worth an extra point, so plenty of 1-0's will do. A good towsing handed out is always welcome but we haven't looked like scoring significant goals in a while, even the 4-0 over Rotherham was a grind. I don't know what happened to our football from September and October, we were creating loads in some games, could have scored 8 or 9 in the Norwich home game. I've learned not to expect much I suppose  :thup:

FWIW I agree, our football has been putrid for a while and would be stunned if we did more than grind out results over this period.

Basically aye. Our goal difference is already worth an extra point, so plenty of 1-0's will do. A good towsing handed out is always welcome but we haven't looked like scoring significant goals in a while, even the 4-0 over Rotherham was a grind. I don't know what happened to our football from September and October, we were creating loads in some games, could have scored 8 or 9 in the Norwich home game. I've learned not to expect much I suppose  :thup:

Only quoting this as a reference, not a direct reply to you but to the forum as a whole. I still think we create enough to win games? (Aside from Villa on Monday night - the most recent in the memory hence the overreaction of 'we don't look like scoring').

QPR home we had so many chances to finish the game off. Looking at you Perez.

Norwich away we had Mitro 1v1 after 6 mins, Mitro hitting the post, Mitro header should've scored, Ritchie underside of the bar, Shelvey not connecting cleanly from 8 yards, Perez chance even after the equaliser late one.

We do still create plenty to win football matches, whilst keeping opposition chances to a minimum with our good shape behind the ball.

HTL!

Would like to see Atsu and Richie playing on the wings to try and provide some service for Mitrovic. Hopefully we get a good win and he scores because we're going to need one of the strikers to step up with all of these big games coming.

Only quoting this as a reference, not a direct reply to you but to the forum as a whole. I still think we create enough to win games? (Aside from Villa on Monday night - the most recent in the memory hence the overreaction of 'we don't look like scoring').

Norwich away we had Mitro 1v1 after 6 mins, Mitro hitting the post, Mitro header should've scored, Ritchie underside of the bar, Shelvey not connecting cleanly from 8 yards, Perez chance even after the equaliser late one.

We do still create plenty to win football matches, whilst keeping opposition chances to a minimum with our good shape behind the ball.

HTL!

:thup:

Think people assume that because our general play isn't particularly fluid at the moment we're not creating enough to win matches. This isn't the case at all, we're just spectacularly poor at taking them. So many matches this season should have been way more comfortable than they ended up.

And even taking this into account we've scored plenty of goals.

HTL!

:thup:

Think people assume that because our general play isn't particularly fluid at the moment we're not creating enough to win matches. This isn't the case at all, we're just spectacularly poor at taking them. So many matches this season should have been way more comfortable than they ended up.

And even taking this into account we've scored plenty of goals.

Whether it's the case that our fluidity is lacking leading to not looking like scoring many or our ability to take chances is lacking (this is most definitely the case, our finishing is generally terrible), either way, we don't look like scoring enough and winning a game comfortably MOST weeks.

Our biggest problems this year have been two-fold - an inability to take the chances that we create or receive through poor opposition defending and a complete inability to defend set pieces or crosses competently in too many games, plus a propensity to give away brainless free-kicks near our box. This leads to games in general being far too close for comfort. Anyone who was at the Derby or QPR home games would have seen that. Plenty of chances in both, but poor finishing combined with panicky, downright rotten defending led to 2 points being p*ssed away in one game and nearly p*ssed away in the other.

When we don't take chances and can't defend well enough, often enough, that leads to very few of our games being as comfortable as they should. Glass half empty I know.

We don't need to rest Ritchie, we just need to tell him not to make ludicrous challenges he's never going to win and to keep his mouth shut. Most of his bookings have been completely avoidable.