Huddersfield Town 1-3 Newcastle United - 04/03/17 - post match craic from p24

BlueStar

:thup: mate we're already promoted :thup:

With 30+ years under my belt I've learnt never to count my chickens. I'd be more optimistic if we were showing signs of playing better. We are half way there I grant you.

They're a good side, no doubt about it. If they had a decent striker they'd be pretty formidable in this league.

This - I agree. They ARE a good side and they play quick incisive football. As you say, we could have been in trouble if they possessed a decent striker as they had lots of the ball and they put it into the box quite a few times during second half. We would NOT get away with conceding so much possession in the PL....

Nevertheless we stuck at the plan really well and rarely looked in too much danger. Shelvey had a poor game by his standards and conceding the pen just topped it off. Atsu was a shadow of the player that gave Brighton so much trouble and they were on to him quickly early on in the game. Diame gave the ball away relentlessly on several occasions and the m/f generally were outfought, spending most of the time shoring up the defence.

Murphy did brilliantly for his goal, their keeper not grabbing the ball cleanly and Murph was fully entitled to challenge for it - our pen was as soft as the one Brighton got on Tuesday so things evened out...theirs had more substance but only just. The third goal was a joke and a typical example of a keeper over-estimating his ability to judge long balls..!

No matter how its been done, the last 2 results have set us up and it would take a shocking collapse to blow promotion now - probably even the Championship title...well done to all the squad an management.

Aaron Mooy wearing a short sleeved shirt and gloves. What is that all about?

Couldn't read the temperature gauge as his eyes are too close together and squinty due to convict genes.

Hardly that - by the look of his name his family is probably Dutch and we weren't in the business of taking Holland's convicts to Australia as well as ours..!

I think that's one of our best wins this season. The organisation, discipline and hard work shown by the players was terrific in one of our most important, high-pressure games this season. Rafa and the team deserve a lot of credit I think.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/04/huddersfield-town-newcastle-united-championship-match-report

apparently we just won by some kind of divine providence and key decisions going against huddersfield, who knew? :dontknow:

Are people so thick they can't comprehend that notion of allowing the other team to have the ball, like?

being paid to write that as a summary of the game man :lol:

We scored after 9 minutes after being the more dangerous side despite the pressure, this concept that Huddersfield are some kind of ultra footballing gods is pretty hillarious tbh :lol:

It's no coincidence that their winning run emphatically came to an end when they played a side who had scored 27 more goals than them.

I'm happy we don't play like that every week mind :lol:

I only saw the last twenty minutes live, and aside from our third, my favourite moment of what I saw was when one of them hit a lovely, Ritchie-the-other-day-but-shorter lofted pass out to the left wing. It was the side closest to the camera, which is maybe why I remembered the other day. Their wide man got to it and volleyed in a not-bad cross into a dangerous area, certainly the best little bit of play I saw from Huddersfield and......Clark beat his man and routinely headed it out for a corner. It was the most incisive thing they did, but even that did not create a chance.

Given that Lascelles was covering, they were lucky that Shelvey got close and gave the ref a penalty decision to make. They didn't look like scoring otherwise.

I didn't. He's a detestable Klopp wannabe.

:thup: Monk should have sparked him out the other week.

Shite team with shite fans, half of who were turning up for the first time yesterday. We can forget about the likes of Huddersfield in a couple of months.

Reminded me of the Swansea game a few years back. Let them have loads of the ball but don't let them hurt us. 3 shots from distance that you'd expect any professional keeper to stop and the balls they put in the box were pretty aimless.

Got to disagree with merlin re the penalties, at first I thought ours was very soft then you see one particular angle (not far from the refs view) and theres a clear ankle tap to send Ritchie over, theres was much softer.

I've been disappointed with the atmosphere at both Brighton and Huddersfield. Both sets seem the epitome of the modern football fan, happy clapping, part time, no Real passion for the game. I hope one of them at least don't make it up and either Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday take a place.

Was only watching on tele but thought the atmosphere last night sounded pretty great, but I get the point, it was pretty funny watching them all run to the exit when Gayle mugged their keeper. No sticking around for an extra minute to applaud what was apparently the greatest ever Championship defeat from the bestest ever footballing side the league has seen.

Was only watching on tele but thought the atmosphere last night sounded pretty great, but I get the point, it was pretty funny watching them all run to the exit when Gayle mugged their keeper. No sticking around for an extra minute to applaud what was apparently the greatest ever Championship defeat from the bestest ever footballing side the league has seen.

I think that exodus would have happened anywhere going a second goal down that late on.