Perez

Gayle

Substitutes:

Aarons for Colback (60)

Armstrong for Perez (70)

Shelvey for Hayden (77)

James Linnington is the ref for this :anguish:

Whos that? ???

Refereed our cup game against WBA last time we were in the Championship and he was terrible

Wasn't he worse than the ref we had at Forest in that cup game? Can remember how Hughton going absolutely off it at him, and he's usually a calm bloke.

James Linnington is the ref for this :anguish:

Whos that? ???

Refereed our cup game against WBA last time we were in the Championship and he was terrible

Wasn't he worse than the ref we had at Forest in that cup game? Can remember how Hughton going absolutely off it at him, and he's usually a calm bloke.

If anyone was at the West Brom game in the FA cup in 2010 they will know. Single worst refereeing performance I've ever seen for a Newcastle game, I would include the Forest ref in that.  Absolutely corrupt from start to finish.

http://www.nufc.com/html/2009-10html/2010-01-23westbrom-a.html

Went to that game, but don't remember too much of it. Do remember the second penalty though, as we should have had a clear penalty moments before, and then they went up the other end and got one themselves.

Kind of remember the first goal as well, but couldn't really say if it was a goal or not.

As has been mentioned already, we need to start well. The two home matches I've seen at St James we started so slowly and static. We need to get at them and get thr crowd up. Gayle is vital really and given they like to knock it about I can see him getting some good chances. If Gayle had been playing we would've put away QPR for example.

Why the FA suddenly started appointing referees who have previous history with us? Madeley v Brighton  (who gave them the expected dodgy penalty) and now the bloke who possibly gave the most biased refereeing performance against us of all time. Even Chris Hughton lost it with him after that West Brom game. It was a complete farce and an embarrassment. It comes to something when even the West Brom fans were sympathising with us afterwards.