Birmingham City vs Newcastle United - 18/03/2017 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Ryan

Last time I was there was the Kevin Brock in goal and Stan Seymour RIP game and their fans were horrible. Almost Scouse levels of twattery. They had a reputation back then like.

They did have a reputation and it might have been different if we were playing each other instead of drinking in a pub in Stayleybridge.  :lol:

Already without Isaac Hayden and Rolando Aarons reserve full back Jamie Sterry is also sidelined following a groin operation and an ongoing heel issue saw Paul Dummett omitted from the Welsh squad.

A knee injury meanwhile forced Ciaran Clark off during the second half of Saturday's home defeat to Fulham - it's yet to be confirmed how serious that is.

The thigh problem afflicting DeAndre Yedlin is now anticipated to sideline him for around five weeks - following consultation with US national side medics.

So many defensive injuries

Already without Isaac Hayden and Rolando Aarons reserve full back Jamie Sterry is also sidelined following a groin operation and an ongoing heel issue saw Paul Dummett omitted from the Welsh squad.

A knee injury meanwhile forced Ciaran Clark off during the second half of Saturday's home defeat to Fulham - it's yet to be confirmed how serious that is.

The thigh problem afflicting DeAndre Yedlin is now anticipated to sideline him for around five weeks - following consultation with US national side medics.

So many defensive injuries

Radio Newcastle reporting tonight that Dummett is injured as well. Not considered for the Wales squad due to a heel problem apparently.

Clark out? If so got to be The Chancellor slotting in. Hanley and Lascelles just don't seem like a good fit together. Can't put my finger on why, just don't see them working

No chance man, Rafa hates him.  Last time he actually played was Blackburn at St James (loss) in November.  Only been on the bench twice in 2017

Was one of our best defenders last season, not even getting a look in this season. Something dodgy going on there surely

Clark out? If so got to be The Chancellor slotting in. Hanley and Lascelles just don't seem like a good fit together. Can't put my finger on why, just don't see them working

No chance man, Rafa hates him.  Last time he actually played was Blackburn at St James (loss) in November.  Only been on the bench twice in 2017

Was one of our best defenders last season, not even getting a look in this season. Something dodgy going on there surely

Chris Waugh did a piece on this for the Chron the other day. Apparently Mbemba's grasp of English is pretty poor and Rafa told him that it had to improve ahead of the new season, to which end it hasn't progressed as expected - hence why he has been supposedly struggling to follow tactical instructions.

Original article is here - http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/curious-decline-mitrovic-mbemba-just-12747802

Gamez - Lascelles - Hanley - Anita as the back 4 then.

Dummett's available so he'll be LB unless Rafa plays him at CB like against Fulham

Is he? I assumed he was out. I wouldn't be surprised if we go 3 at the back tbh.

Gamez - Lascelles - Hanley - Anita as the back 4 then.

Dummett's available so he'll be LB unless Rafa plays him at CB like against Fulham

Is he? I assumed he was out. I wouldn't be surprised if we go 3 at the back tbh.

I didn't even want us to sign Clark and yet he's become comfortably the best defender we have. I'm still fairly confident Hanley and Mbemba will be good enough to see us up... hopefully.