Birmingham City vs Newcastle United - 18/03/2017 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Ryan

Clark out? If so got to be The Chancellor slotting in. Hanley and Lascelles just don't seem like a good fit together. Can't put my finger on why, just don't see them working

No chance man, Rafa hates him.  Last time he actually played was Blackburn at St James (loss) in November.  Only been on the bench twice in 2017

Was one of our best defenders last season, not even getting a look in this season. Something dodgy going on there surely

I'm sure he'd be more than happy to have Mbemba available now that Clark is out.

Massive pressure on this assuming that Huddersfield win tonight.

Not a total gimme as Bristol City are desperate for a win. Would be delighted with a draw.

Tammy Abraham is apparently back for tonight's game too.

Massive pressure on this assuming that Huddersfield win tonight.

Not a total gimme as Bristol City are desperate for a win. Would be delighted with a draw.

Tammy Abraham is apparently back for tonight's game too.

He started for them last week so he should be available.

Shame Bristol City are pretty rubbish. There's more chance of Brighton slipping up to Leeds than Huddersfield this weekend

Was one of our best defenders last season, not even getting a look in this season. Something dodgy going on there surely

Such as what? :lol:

Chris Waugh did a piece on this for the Chron the other day. Apparently Mbemba's grasp of English is pretty poor and Rafa told him that it had to improve ahead of the new season, to which end it hasn't progressed as expected - hence why he has been supposedly struggling to follow tactical instructions.

Original article is here - http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/curious-decline-mitrovic-mbemba-just-12747802

We must win now, must win.

A win for us would be huge now.

Surely if Huddersfield won or drew it would still be "must win", arguably even more so?

I'd go Gamez, Hanley, Lascelles, Dummett across the back and start with Murphy for this. We should win, it's away and these under Zola are pish.

The hotel in Birmingham will be bouncing tonight.

Really looking forward to this game now, so I imagine the players will be aye.

Yeah the result last nigh I'll have been just the tonic. Just need a solid professional performance and we should be alright. Gayle will have benefited from another weeks training, should be sharper.