The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Quite impressed with Jackson Irvine for Burton tonight, nice tidy footballer.

Quite impressed with Jackson Irvine for Burton tonight, nice tidy footballer.

Thought Jackson Irvine for them looked a decent player, didn't realise he was an Aussie. One of the Burton fans in the pub before the match said he was their best player and he looked good - needs a hair cut mind.

Said this after we beat them away last season, he had a decent game and looked a level above any other Burton players. Wouldn't mind us bringing him in as a squad player to develop. 

That is one of my bigger concerns with the use of technology. I don't trust the modern day officiating bodies to make good calls.

We'll likely end up with loads more non fouls being brought up as opposed to an overwhelming wave of correct decisions.

It would push the levels of bullshit in football even further and we'll hear even more often "There was contact", "his arm was out", "you can't stand like that" etc... to justify game changing decisions over nothing.

Guest neesy111

That is one of my bigger concerns with the use of technology. I don't trust the modern day officiating bodies to make good calls.

We'll likely end up with loads more non fouls being brought up as opposed to an overwhelming wave of correct decisions.

It would push the levels of bullshit in football even further and we'll hear even more often "There was contact", "his arm was out", "you can't stand like that" etc... to justify game changing decisions over nothing.

The "human" element is what falls down whenever technology is used to make decisions.

Manchester play at a crawl and expect their quality to open up opportunities.  Just need to add a bit more tempo to their play in the middle third and it'd make this game an easy win.