The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Well said Al, had to go for it.

Why the f*** am I watching this on a delay.

Nowt stopping him from going for it if he's not going to kick the keepers face in.

Nowt stopping him from going for it if he's not going to kick the keepers face in.

It's a fucking karate kick, whether there was anyone around him or not, he should be taking that with his head, the fact that he goes with his foot instead suggests he wants to get there before someone, you don't have to be looking in the direction of someone to feel their presence.

It's a fucking karate kick, whether there was anyone around him or not, he should be taking that with his head, the fact that he goes with his foot instead suggests he wants to get there before someone, you don't have to be looking in the direction of someone to feel their presence.

It does need to be made much clearer to all concerned that players have a responsibility for each other's safety, and that having the honest intention of getting to the ball first isn't always an excuse. We still seem to be in a transition phase in absorbing this.

I've got a bit of sympathy for Mane, but he did take a running jump into the challenge.

He realistically couldn't go with his head due to the way people run and there was no malice in what he did. It was dangerous play like but I'd expect to see my striker going for that challenge. Shearer pretty much got it spot on.

I do wonder how many people have played football at times...

He realistically couldn't go with his head due to the way people run and there was no malice in what he did. It was dangerous play like but I'd expect to see my striker going for that challenge. Shearer pretty much got it spot on.

Millions mate. Worlds most popular sport.

giphy.gif

I wouldn't disagree with most of that. That was the only way he could get the ball, and if he'd pulled out of making any sort of challenge, he'd have been accused of bottling out of a goalscoring opportunity. So there was pressure on him to go for it.

But at the end of the day, he did jump and connect with the opponent's head. Everyone needs to get the message that that is unacceptable.

None of that doesn't make it a clear red card.

Millions mate. Worlds most popular sport.

giphy.gif

:lol:

Grabbed some tickets last minute for Ajax v Zwolle whilst in Amsterdam. What kind of amateur set up? :lol: Because last minute, had to show our e-tickets at some shoddy kiosk to swap for paper tickets. Ended up 20 minutes late for kick off. Ticket then didn't work on the scanner. Was told to wait two minutes and try again. The solution was actually to just turn the ticket round ffs.

Great atmosphere once in there, though. My word do the Dutch hate a backpass! Also got to watch a Kluivert and give Siem a welcome home clap. :aww:

Guest firetotheworks

It's staggering by how much they've fucked it all up, like. There'll never be a better advert for scrapping the idea altogether, when it should work absolutely fine.