The other games today 2017/18

Greg

That new penalty system seems utterly s**** :lol:

They've brought it in because they reckon the team that goes first gets an unfair advantage.

So now the team that goes second gets a much more unfair advantage.

Aye that's how i saw it too, didn't help the percieved imbalance at all. Just flipped it.

Why's it an advantage for the second team? I wouldn't be arsed about changing it myself but I can't see the problem.

I have only seen one shootout obviously, but it seems like to me it puts the team going first under massive pressure to score otherwise you are a bit fucked.

That new penalty system seems utterly s**** :lol:

They've brought it in because they reckon the team that goes first gets an unfair advantage.

So now the team that goes second gets a much more unfair advantage.

Aye that's how i saw it too, didn't help the percieved imbalance at all. Just flipped it.

Why's it an advantage for the second team? I wouldn't be arsed about changing it myself but I can't see the problem.

I have only seen one shootout obviously, but it seems like to me it puts the team going first under massive pressure to score otherwise you are a bit fucked.

But that turns up the pressure on the second team to score their two and take the advantage, just like normal. And even if they do, the first team then get the chance to score two and get back on terms. As I said, I wouldn't be bothered either way but it works well in tennis so I can't see the problem really.

Genuine question: are the majority of penalties in shootouts scored or missed? I would guess it's the former.

I wouldn't know tbf, but i would guess looking at that that it gives a much bigger advantage than they claim it was doing before for the team going first in the old system.

I doubt it will mean much at the end of the day, i just find the whole thing a bit pointless.

Just been to the Community Shield match. Was bemused and astounded how many Arsenal fans rushed out with me after final penalty and how many had already left and were walking down Wembley Way.

If Leeds keep Chris Wood they could have half a chance his season, hard to fully judge as Bolton are terrible but Leeds look decent. Proper striker Wood, wouldn't mind him here, as close to Shearer as strikers get these days

If Leeds keep Chris Wood they could have half a chance his season, hard to fully judge as Bolton are terrible but Leeds look decent. Proper striker Wood, wouldn't mind him here, as close to Shearer as strikers get these days

No.