The other games today 2017/18

Greg

That new penalty system seems utterly s**** :lol:

They've brought it in because they reckon the team that goes first gets an unfair advantage.

So now the team that goes second gets a much more unfair advantage.

Wtf was that pen shoot out about? Put on halfway through and Chelsea took 2 then Arsenal took 2? Or am I pissed?  :lol:

Just came in to say the same. It looked so wrong. The whole fear factor and pressure switching is on it being alternating pens. Whoever has suggested to make this change and agreed to it needs removing from football for life, horrendous and needless change.

They've brought it in because they reckon the team that goes first gets an unfair advantage.

Aye that's how i saw it too, didn't help the percieved imbalance at all. Just flipped it.

Aye that's how i saw it too, didn't help the percieved imbalance at all. Just flipped it.

Why's it an advantage for the second team? I wouldn't be arsed about changing it myself but I can't see the problem.

If you take pens as poorly as Courtois and Morata did then the order is pretty much irrelevant. I get the pressure switching thing but I'd expect every penalty taker to be under extreme pressure regardless.