The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Lukaku is struggling for the same reason everyone else is, if the team as a whole is negative what do you expect your striker to do.

Funnily enough that very reason can't be used for our Striker.

In fairness to Lukaku though at least he has a history of scoring goals :lol:

Man Utd are gash, what the hell has happened to Mourinho? I think he could do with a year or two out of the game, he's looking a busted flush and his team are bang average considering they are meant to be a genuine title challenger.

His teams have scored 1 goal in last 10 away from home against 'big 6'.

Guest firetotheworks

Something is wrong like, Crystal Palace and all of their good players are still bottom after their ‘easier games’. They are actually further away from safety than they were before their ‘easier games’

Must be Roy Hodgson’s tactical masterclass.

Who's that 'easier games' quote attributable to? It's the exact opposite, so I dunno if you've just got mixed up. Hodgson's opening fixtures were Man City, Man United, Chelsea, Newcastle, West Ham and Spurs. So in no way easier at all.

Newcastle, West Ham and Bristol City. 1 point and a cup exit.

They’ve still got more ‘easier games’ coming up, but they are never getting out of this - not with that muppet in charge.

They beat Chelsea as well and drew with West Ham. The cup's meaningless. In the league they're doing better than they were beforehand and have done it against better teams - the opposite of what you said. That's why I wondered whether you just got mixed up.

I think Figures doesn't like Hodgson, despite his CV being better than most other managers out there

His recent CV which consists of;

failure

His entire CV isn't great. He's won a Swiss Super Cup, and a cup and a league in Denmark. Hardly impressive.

His job is survival with Crystal Palace though. That criticism was valid when he was at Liverpool and England, but his CV's fine for where he is now.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hodgson is a decent coach, but a bit past it in terms of the modern game. At least he went abroad to learn new ideas and cultures unlike most.

Something is wrong like, Crystal Palace and all of their good players are still bottom after their ‘easier games’. They are actually further away from safety than they were before their ‘easier games’

Who's that 'easier games' quote attributable to? It's the exact opposite, so I dunno if you've just got mixed up. Hodgson's opening fixtures were Man City, Man United, Chelsea, Newcastle, West Ham and Spurs. So in no way easier at all.

They’ve still got more ‘easier games’ coming up, but they are never getting out of this - not with that muppet in charge.

They beat Chelsea as well and drew with West Ham. The cup's meaningless. In the league they're doing better than they were beforehand and have done it against better teams - the opposite of what you said. That's why I wondered whether you just got mixed up.

Not convinced the cup is meaningless at all like - shall we not enter it next year then? Think getting convincingly beat by lower league opposition is poor no matter what.

They may be playing better (which is a weird comparison, when they couldn’t really play much worse). But they are further from safety after playing West Ham at home, Newcastle and Spurs away (where Swansea and Burnley have managed points).

Forget the cup, man. No point in talking about that considering the priorities and the team put out.

Further away yeah, but because other teams have picked up points not because they've been worse. Not a chance they've had easier games either. There's still a good chance of them staying up imo. Swansea and West Ham certainly look worse at the moment and you'd think they're going to come into SOME form at some point.

They’ve still only scored in 2 of the 7 games that Hodgson has been in charge of like :lol:

That is 5 games without even scoring, De Boer only got 4 games in charge. Not sure how anyone can say that they have been better.

They are further adrift from safety, out of a cup in embarrassing fashion to a lower league team and still don’t look like coming close to getting ‘in-form’.

Guest firetotheworks

Nowhere near enough the end of the season to say, but they're so much better than anyone else at the moment, possibly in Europe too. I think Spurs will present more of a challenge to them than Man United though.

Guest Howaythetoon

So the title is Man City's then?

Would be a bigger bottle job than us if they fail to win it.

So the title is Man City's then?

Theirs to lose imo. They're just so good going forward it's scary.

Aye and aye. They didn't seem to get out of 3rd gear today and still destroyed Arsenal.

Hodgson is a decent coach, but a bit past it in terms of the modern game. At least he went abroad to learn new ideas and cultures unlike most.

Fixture congestion and injuries yet to come. Nature of the PL.

Guest firetotheworks

Not convinced the cup is meaningless at all like - shall we not enter it next year then? Think getting convincingly beat by lower league opposition is poor no matter what.

They may be playing better (which is a weird comparison, when they couldn’t really play much worse). But they are further from safety after playing West Ham at home, Newcastle and Spurs away (where Swansea and Burnley have managed points).

Forget the cup, man. No point in talking about that considering the priorities and the team put out.

Further away yeah, but because other teams have picked up points not because they've been worse. Not a chance they've had easier games either. There's still a good chance of them staying up imo. Swansea and West Ham certainly look worse at the moment and you'd think they're going to come into SOME form at some point.

They’ve still only scored in 2 of the 7 games that Hodgson has been in charge of like [emoji38]

That is 5 games without even scoring, De Boer only got 4 games in charge. Not sure how anyone can say that they have been better.

They are further adrift from safety, out of a cup in embarrassing fashion to a lower league team and still don’t look like coming close to getting ‘in-form’.

Eh? They've scored 4 in 7, not 2 (2-1 Chelsea and 2-2 West Ham) and it's 4 games without scoring, not 5. Again 4 of those 7 were Man City, Man United, Chelsea, and Spurs as well. They've scored more, and got more points against better teams...that's how you can say they've been better.

We'll see.

They’ve still only scored in 2 of the 7 games that Hodgson has been in charge of like [emoji38]

Eh? They've scored 4 in 7, not 2 (2-1 Chelsea and 2-2 West Ham) and it's 4 games without scoring,, not 5. Again those 4 were Man City, Man United, Chelsea, and Spurs as well. They've scored more, and got more points against better teams...that's how you can say they've been better.

We'll see.

Games as opposed to goals, they’ve scored in 2 of the 7 games.

It’s also 5 without scoring - unless I missed their goal against us.

You could argue that Leicester have had an equally tough start, they’ve played similar level of teams and have 13 points.

Guest Howaythetoon

I wouldn't even say City have the best 11, it's their style of play and how comfortable everyone is. Today Walker was playing CM, LW and CB at times. Silva operated all over and even Delph who looks a completely different player in this side. Sterling wasn't at his best today, but he's such a threat. KDB is immense, such a lovely player to watch on the ball.

I wouldn't even say City have the best 11, it's their style of play and how comfortable everyone is. Today Walker was playing CM, LW and CB at times. Silva operated all over and even Delph who looks a completely differentnpla7er in this side. STerling wasn't at his best today, but he's such a threat.

I also think he looks completely differentpla7er.

Guest Howaythetoon

Chesea fans btw... chanting for Mourinho to sit down, he is an utter legend there or should be. Spoilt bastards.