The other games today 2017/18

Greg

International football is getting more dull year-on-year.

Also feels more even.. or tight than ever before. A lot of teams decent at keeping it tight. Not playing regularly means better sides often rely on "a bit of magic" to score goals. When teams evenly matched - dire.

I think that the last decent international tournament was probably the 2002 World Cup, since then and especially in the knockout stages I just remember tournament football being such a let down.

Enjoyment is largely down to how well your team does. 2002 was also one of the last times England turned up without being preditable.

Ghana a penalty kick away from a WC semi final? Smashed the US. Fucking loved WC2010. England got smashed in what must've been a very exciting match for a neutral.

The Germany vs Brazil game is such a landmark game imo. 2014 was cool. Some exciting games.

Group stages and finals tend to suck but second round, quarters and semi's often full of drama.

For me it wasn't anything to do with how England performed as our football was completely turgid.

You had the drama of the games involving South Korea, France and Argentina going out in the group stages, Turkey making the semi finals as well as the emergence of Senegal.

I also don't know how anybody couldn't have been overjoyed for Ronaldo after the nightmare four years that he'd suffered. That was one of the greatest moments of watching football for me.

For me it wasn't anything to do with how England performed as our football was completely turgid.

You had the drama of the games involving South Korea, France and Argentina going out in the group stages, Turkey making the semi finals as well as the emergence of Senegal.

I also don't know how anybody couldn't have been overjoyed for Ronaldo after the nightmare four years that he'd suffered. That was one of the greatest moments of watching football for me.

Call me cynical but my over-riding memory of S. Korea (the team) is a string of dubious refereeing decisions.

2006 had an excellent game between Italy and Germany iirc. Italy winning it in ET.

I loved that World Cup. Associate the "Little Less Conversation, A Little More Action" song with that from an advert (Adidas I think?).

Nike - the cage

98 had better Nike adverts mind

Scotland's pisstake of the Brazil airport one with Colin Hendry doing keep-ups to "Don't come home to soon". :lol:

lol Italy are shitting themelves because they might miss the WC. They even called one of FIFAs top dawgs to make sure they had a more fair referee in the second leg :lol:

Proper dodgy that like. Hope they miss out.

lol Italy are shitting themelves because they might miss the WC. They even called one of FIFAs top dawgs to make sure they had a more fair referee in the second leg :lol:

Proper dodgy that like. Hope they miss out.

Aye. They called to complain about the referee in the first leg to put pressure on the ref for the second leg tonight. Very dodgy and desperate, and I obviously want them to miss out too :)