The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Ventura should probably leave the country... for good.

Sweden are going to be damn awful to watch aren't they?

Sweden under no pressure has actually played quite decent football. They've changed their way of playing. The game today doesn't really reflect their style the last few years imo.

This :thup:

At the world cup they'll have pressure. They'll probably take a draw for 2 of their group games and win the other to go through.

Nah they won't, anything from here on is a bonus.

You're not going to a WC and shrug if you get spanked 3-0.

Only seem them today and I think when they lost to Holland. I hope i'm wrong. But I don't recall a Sweden side with much character since the Ljungberg, Larsson days.

Italy have been unlucky. They get drawn in a group with Spain, and Sweden can be a tough nut to crack. I didn't see every minute of the 180, but Italy did carve out some chances.

They'll be a miss. The Italians often play with skill and creativity.

Italy have been unlucky. They get drawn in a group with Spain, and Sweden can be a tough nut to crack. I didn't see every minute of the 180, but Italy did carve out some chances.

I'll manage just fine without a country whose fans boo and whistle the national anthem of their opponents.

International football is mind numbingly boring.  I watched an hour of the game last night and I get there was a lot at stake, but it was just turgid shite. 

I wasn't sure who I wanted to qualify by the end of it.  Probably neither :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I'll manage just fine without a country whose fans boo and whistle the national anthem of their opponents.

Woah, throw them in jail!

It'll not be the same without the Italians.

I think I would have preferred the likes of Italy and Holland to have qualified.  Not really sure why?  As both have been shit and their current teams wouldn't have really added much to the competition.  So I guess it must just be because I am used to seeing these teams at major competitions, more than anything.  Always had a soft spot for the Dutch, mind.  Growing up in the 90's, they had some amazing players. 

I think Swedes throwing them out of the World Cup will do :thup:

Pretty sure England and a lot of other countries do the same.  Not that i think it's ok but it's definitely not exclusive to the Italians.

Guest firetotheworks

I think Swedes throwing them out of the World Cup will do :thup:

Well for you yeah, but I think everyone else will be thinking that the World Cup will be all the worse for it. No Italy, no Holland, an average at best England side, and hosted by a country that nurtures racism and homophobia. It's got a lot to do.

Sure, Italy are a better team, but they were such insufferable whiny cheaty bastards. I'm perfectly happy not to see that at the World Cup.

I'd put up with a bit of diving and rolling around if the alternative is a team with little quality defending in their own box for 90 minutes.

I realise how shit a style my own national team have and don't blame anyone else for not wanting Ireland there

But who would bring the fittest fans?

To be honest just for that reason they should have been kept apart in the play offs

This is the real tragedy, Chile, Holland, and now Italy all not going to the world cup :'(