The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Will this Tottenham side ever win anything?

They crumble far too easily. Considering they think the ‘bottling’ tag is a load of rubbish, they do seem to bottle it quite frequently :lol:

People are overly comfy with their well worn narratives IMO. To never be accused of bottling, they'd have to never lose another game. Get beat by another top side, hah bottlers. Don't finish off a minnow one time in fifteen, hah bottlers. :lol:

Well, nah they'd just have to actually win something

:thup:

Maybe if they didn’t have a history of crumbling to bits under pressure, the narrative wouldn’t exist.

This is still a fairly young and new team so pointing back to past sides' failures is just Martin Keown level punditry tbh :lol:. They may win something yet. There are finite trophies and other good teams though.

Last season they lost to Chelsea and Liverpool in the cup competitions, and won 36 of the last 39 points available to them in the league. Hardly congruous with a team of bottlers. If Man City go on to a domestic clean sweep this year, that won't make Spurs bottlers - it'll just make them not as good as Man City. I mean, jesus man. :lol:

Losing to Chelsea and Liverpool in cup competitions only goes to prove my point further, that they buckle under pressure. They came 3rd in a 2 horse title race. They continue to lose games away to their competitors with a wimper. They continue to do well, up until there is the slightest bit of pressue on them.

Man City probably will win the league and it will evidence that Man City are better, but why cant Tottenham win either cup this year? They wont, because of the above, but they should.

They crumble far too easily. Considering they think the ‘bottling’ tag is a load of rubbish, they do seem to bottle it quite frequently :lol:

People are overly comfy with their well worn narratives IMO. To never be accused of bottling, they'd have to never lose another game. Get beat by another top side, hah bottlers. Don't finish off a minnow one time in fifteen, hah bottlers. :lol:

Maybe if they didn’t have a history of crumbling to bits under pressure, the narrative wouldn’t exist.

This is still a fairly young and new team so pointing back to past sides' failures is just Martin Keown level punditry tbh :lol:. They may win something yet. There are finite trophies and other good teams though.

Last season they lost to Chelsea and Liverpool in the cup competitions, and won 36 of the last 39 points available to them in the league. Hardly congruous with a team of bottlers. If Man City go on to a domestic clean sweep this year, that won't make Spurs bottlers - it'll just make them not as good as Man City. I mean, jesus man. :lol:

Losing to Chelsea and Liverpool in cup competitions only goes to prove my point further, that they buckle under pressure. They came 3rd in a 2 horse title race. They continue to lose games away to their competitors with a wimper. They continue to do well, up until there is the slightest bit of pressue on them.

Man City probably will win the league and it will evidence that Man City are better, but why cant Tottenham win either cup this year? They wont, because of the above, but they should.

They're bottlers if you believe they're outright better than Chelsea or Liverpool. They're not though. They're capable of beating each other on a given day and a two match sample size (that selectively excludes Spurs recently beating Real Madrid in a crucial game, I should add, plus all other banana skin games) is not sufficient to call them bottlers. The only reason you call them bottlers instead of, say, last season's trophyless Man City is because of a club reputation which is irrelevant in any meaningful way to this present team.

Also Spurs finished 2nd, not 3rd.

They're bottlers if you believe they're outright better than Chelsea or Liverpool. They're not though. They're capable of beating each other on a given day and a two match sample size (that selectively excludes Spurs recently beating Real Madrid in a crucial game, I should add, plus all other banana skin games) is not sufficient to call them bottlers. The only reason you call them bottlers instead of, say, last season's trophyless Man City is because of a club reputation which is irrelevant in any meaningful way to this present team.

Also Spurs finished 2nd, not 3rd.

They didn’t like, they came 3rd.

We’ll agree to disagree, we can only wait and see if they win anything (which would undoubtedly prove the tag wrong), which i don’t think they will.