Newcastle United vs Wigan Athletic - 01/04/2017 @ 15:00 (No TV)

HaydnNUFC

I don't wanna sound dramatic or pessimistic, in fact I've really enjoyed being 100% behind the manager and players this season... But if we don't get 6 points outta the next 2 games we don't deserve to get promoted let alone go up as champions !

I don't wanna sound dramatic or pessimistic in fact I've really enjoyed being 100% behind the manager and players this season... But if we don't get 6 points outta the next 2 games we don't deserve to get promoted let alone go up as champions !

Don't know if I should break this to you.... :lol:

I don't wanna sound dramatic or pessimistic, in fact I've really enjoyed being 100% behind the manager and players this season... But if we don't get 6 points outta the next 2 games we don't deserve to get promoted let alone go up as champions !

you sound both

If ever there's a time to go all out and send a message then it's in this game.  This is one of those occasions where a hard 1-0 win just wont do.  An assault from the off with the sole aim to score goals is what's needed.

We have said on too many occasions that the upcoming home game is a 'must win' before the match, and been disappointed but we really do need the 6 points from these upcoming games...if we were to do so and Brighton continued to get results it would dishearten the likes of Leeds who still fancy their chances and rightly so after putting together a run of decent results whilst we and Brighton have stuttered a bit.

Will be interesting to see what happens...

We have said on too many occasions that the upcoming home game is a 'must win' before the match, and been disappointed but we really do need the 6 points from these upcoming games...if we were to do so and Brighton continued to get results it would dishearten the likes of Leeds who still fancy their chances and rightly so after putting together a run of decent results whilst we and Brighton have stuttered a bit.

Will be interesting to see what happens...

Do Leeds really 'fancy their chances' of catching us? Obviously they've got to play us but they'd need to  get 10 points more than us over 8 games. Incredibly unlikely IMO.

These 2 home games are absolutely vital. If we can win them both, at the very worst we'll be 7 points clear of Huddersfield with 6 games remaining  (they've got a game in hand though). Got a funny feeling this will end up a draw though.

What if you were told the only realistic challenger to prevent us finishing in the top 2 had already lost at home to Wigan?

What if you were told the only realistic challenger to prevent us finishing in the top 2 had already lost at home to Wigan?

Pretty sure that means only one team gets the automatic promotion.

They're bringing 1,200 up.

Was half that number until they found out there was a Northern Soul night on at Felling Social Club, with free pie and peas...

Whats wrong with Northern Soul, Pie or Peas.

Nowt mate. Just playing with Wigan stereotypes, in the quest to introduce some humour, which if it has to be explained defeats the f***ing object...

[edit: I think what used to be Felling Social is canny too, for the record]