Newcastle United 1 - 0 Burton Albion - 05/04/17 - NUFC relegated to League Two

Dave

Get the f*** in. Another win, another step closer to promotion.

Obviously the penalty decision was a f***ing joke and it might have been more comfortable if we'd gone in ahead at half time, but generally speaking it sounded like a reasonable performance.

:thup:

Job done but I'm still radge at that decision. Bent cunt.

Easier to laugh at it now. We won anyway, but the ref will still get absolutely murdered online and in the media.

Think the penalty decision understandably knocked the players for a while as well.

Looks like the ref was admitting his mistake to rafa there?

Looked like the stubborn cunt was still lying through his back teeth to me. Rafa was raging.

Guest firetotheworks

Huddersfield result does matter regardless, they can still catch us. so would be better if they didnt win- so we get promoted sooner.

Aye, of course it matters. Want this shite wrapped up as soon as possible.

I think you both missed the word 'if' in original post, like. [emoji38]

even with the 'if' we are still better off by a point if they dont win?

Aye, but you're adding a new if. His if is about us winning, not them.  [emoji38]

eh?  Huddersfields result doesnt matter if we win?

Fucks sake man Rudyard. It's one less game for them to make up the gap so yes, it's still to our advantage and doesn't matter if we concentrate on ourselves.

Think the penalty decision understandably knocked the players for a while as well.

Looks like the ref was admitting his mistake to rafa there?

Looked like the stubborn cunt was still lying through his back teeth to me. Rafa was raging.

Yeah I thought the same.

It's clear the ref got the law mixed up.

He gave a indirect free kick for encroachment when it should have been a retake because the pen went in. Had Richie blasted it wide there would be no problem.

A forgivable mistake for maybe an amautuer ref like myself but not for a professional. Personally I would have given a retake but had it gone wide I might not have remembered that it changes to an indirect free kick so Richie might have saved me :lol:.

Professional refs really ought to know better.

Huddersfield result does matter regardless, they can still catch us. so would be better if they didnt win- so we get promoted sooner.

Aye, but you're adding a new if. His if is about us winning, not them.  [emoji38]

Fucks sake man Rudyard. It's one less game for them to make up the gap so yes, it's still to our advantage and doesn't matter if we concentrate on ourselves.

the point I made was that it was the difference between a 10 point lead - or an 11 point lead over third place. So we were better off if Huddersfield didnt win.

Id just prefer a 11 point lead to a 10 point one thats all.

He gave a indirect free kick for encroachment when it should have been a retake because the pen went in. Had Richie blasted it wide there would be no problem.

A forgivable mistake for maybe an amautuer ref like myself but not for a professional. Personally I would have given a retake but had it gone wide I might not have remembered that it changes to an indirect free kick so Richie might have saved me :lol:.

What I don't understand is how any the other officials didn't simply correct him. It's not like they didn't take their time discussing it.

the point I made was that it was the difference between a 10 point lead - or an 11 point lead over third place. So we were better off if Huddersfield didnt win.

How and why is that argument still going on lads?

Guest firetotheworks

The Huddersfield match at 3-0 was no longer an if, man! Fucking hell. [emoji38]

What I don't understand is how any the other officials didn't simply correct him. It's not like they didn't take their time discussing it.

The only logic I can think of is that they didn't want to embarrass him. Sounds stupid I know but honestly no other expalinantion other than they are all clueless and do not have enough advanced knowledge of the laws.

I remember doing a line at a cup final and the ref blew 4 minutes early. I knew he did because I had a watch on too. The teams questioned me but I didn't want to embarrass him so was just like "He's the timekeeper not me". I mentioned to him he played too few but he carried on anyway and extra time began.