Newcastle United vs Preston North End - 24/04/2017 @ 19:45 - Live on Sky

.com reporting that not only is the ref from Huddersfield, he's actually a Huddersfield fan  :pokerface:

You would think he'd want to be whiter than white as the spotlight will be on him, I've got no concerns about where he's from.

.com reporting that not only is the ref from Huddersfield, he's actually a Huddersfield fan  :pokerface:

You would think he'd want to be whiter than white as the spotlight will be on him, I've got no concerns about where he's from.

That might well be the case but that's not how the world works. Implicit or unconscious bias happens by our brains making incredibly quick judgements and assessments of people and situations without us realising. Our biases are influenced by our background, cultural environment and personal experiences.

He shouldn't be in charge of this game. Similar to when Kevin Friend was removed from Spurs games last season.

That might well be the case but that's not how the world works. Implicit or unconscious bias happens by our brains making incredibly quick judgements and assessments of people and situations without us realising. Our biases are influenced by our background, cultural environment and personal experiences.

He shouldn't be in charge of this game. Similar to when Kevin Friend was removed from Spurs games last season.

I agree that he shouldn't be refereeing the game as it puts him under unnecessary pressure where genuine mistakes could be taken as bias, I still don't think he will show bias but I could be wrong.  I would expect that his mind will be on nothing but the game, football is played at too fast a pace for him to start thinking about a team which isn't involved and how he can benefit them.

I agree that he shouldn't be refereeing the game as it puts him under unnecessary pressure where genuine mistakes could be taken as bias, I still don't think he will show bias but I could be wrong.  I would expect that his mind will be on nothing but the game, football is played at too fast a pace for him to start thinking about a team which isn't involved and how he can benefit them.

But if his pre-match thoughts are that he wants us to lose, then it's there subconsciously. It's just asking for trouble.

But if his pre-match thoughts are that he wants us to lose, then it's there subconsciously. It's just asking for trouble.

It's being televised as he'll know that the club have asked for a change, he'll know that everything he does will be scrutinised.

It's being televised as he'll know that the club have asked for a change, he'll know that everything he does will be scrutinised.

Which will make him nervous and put him under unnecessary pressure which may lead to a mistake.

Which will make him nervous and put him under unnecessary pressure which may lead to a mistake.

Agreed, I can't understand the arrogance of the football league potentially hanging him out to dry.

Place should be bouncing,

wev'e never won promotion at a home fixture?

1984 was at Huddersfield I think.

1993 was at Grimsby. (Or was that the become champions?)

2010 was out of our hands, other results confirmed it.

Place should be bouncing,

wev'e never won promotion at a home fixture?

1984 was at Huddersfield I think.

1993 was at Grimsby. (Or was that the become champions?)

2010 was out of our hands, other results confirmed it.

yeah I was at both Huddersfield and Grimsby- on pitch at both as well.