Newcastle United vs Barnsley - 07/05/2017 @ 12:00 - No TV

Guest neesy111

3-1, and a 100 goals for the season.

Along with a Villa win.

We've only scored 73 goals this season in the league.....

My bad, i was thinking we were first.

It's weird like even though we've been s**** all season i always had this feeling we where gonna win the league cus every time we seemed to slip up Brighton dropped points as well, then after that Sheffield Wednesday game i deffo thought that Brighton are gonna win it and i was just content with getting promoted !!! Now they threw away a 7 point lead.... 2 weeks ago i said that Brighton deserve to win the league cus they have played the best football and they have deffo been the most consistent !.... But f*** it were playing some good stuff the last couple of games and they have been rubbish since they got promoted so let's go for it and seen what happens really excited about Sundays match now !!! Hope to God it'll be a special day !!!  Going for a 4-0 !!!

We wont win the title.  We all know how much Villa despise us for reasons unknown, but they will throw this game so Brighton win the title just to p*ss us off!!

Doubt a single Villa player give a flying fuck about us.

Lansbury?

If true it shows how undermined winning the Championship is. Which team will win the league is less interesting to a TV company than which teams will stay in the league?

CONFIRMED: NUFC to televise the relegation battle, not the title

CONFIRMED: Sky will NOT show NUFC v Barnsley.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-transfer-gossip-benitez-12964986

Guest neesy111

If true it shows how undermined winning the Championship is. Which team will win the league is less interesting to a TV company than which teams will stay in the league?

CONFIRMED: NUFC to televise the relegation battle, not the title

CONFIRMED: Sky will NOT show NUFC v Barnsley.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-transfer-gossip-benitez-12964986

I'd say the relegation fight is way more important especially with the historical nature of the clubs involved + both us and Brighton are up. 

Can just enjoy the day next Sunday. Whether or not we go up as champions isn't much to worry about on the last day but it would be fantastic if it all falls into place. Very ironic that Villa could provide some happiness after we've suffered down there in recent times.

Aye. Relegation fight > title race - in the CC that is.

It will be interesting to see the viewing figures afterwards, I expect our game would attract a much bigger TV audience.

Bizarre to me that who gets relegated is seen as more important than who wins the league. In what other league would that apply?

They could have had one channel for relegation and the championship and switched between games.

Winning the league and finishing 2nd in the Championship is pretty irrelevant like, both teams are promoted and the only difference is the trophy handed to them.

Can anyone on here genuinely say they are interested who wins League Two? Or would they prefer to see whether or not Hartlepool survive on the final day?

As a neutral I'd be much more inclined to watch Forest/Blackburn/Birmingham fight for safety. Especially because they are all reasonably sized clubs and it'd be a nightmare for any of them to be playing League One football.

Winning the league and finishing 2nd in the Championship is pretty irrelevant like, both teams are promoted and the only difference is the trophy handed to them.

Can anyone on here genuinely say they are interested who wins League Two? Or would they prefer to see whether or not Hartlepool survive on the final day?

As a neutral I'd be much more inclined to watch Forest/Blackburn/Birmingham fight for safety. Especially because they are all reasonably sized clubs and it'd be a nightmare for any of them to be playing League One football.

Winning the league and finishing 2nd in the Premier League is pretty irrelevant like, both teams qualify for the champions leagye and the only difference is the trophy handed to them.

Winning the league and finishing 2nd in the Premier League is pretty irrelevant like, both teams qualify for the champions leagye and the only difference is the trophy handed to them.

What absolute horseshit :lol: Winning the league in the PL is entirely different to winning it in the Championship/League One/League Two.

Guest neesy111

This.

What absolute horseshit :lol: Winning the league in the PL is entirely different to winning it in the Championship/League One/League Two.

Football is about winning things. 1st place in the league should always matter. It's attitude's like the one above that is damaging football where surviving in the Premier League is all that seems to matter and actually winning trophies is always treated second.

Football is about winning things. 1st place in the league should always matter. It's attitude's like the one above that is damaging football where surviving in the Premier League is all that seems to matter and actually winning trophies is always treated second.

It does matter to me whether or not Newcastle win the league.

But 90% of the neutrals across the UK couldn't give a flying fuck. Which is why this game hasn't been selected for TV coverage.

It does matter to me whether or not Newcastle win the league.

But 90% of the neutrals across the UK couldn't give a flying f***. Which is why this game hasn't been selected for TV coverage.

90% of neutrals don't give a fuck about the Championship full stop. You actually think there is any interest in who get's relegated to League 1?

Plus you didn't say relegation is more important, you actually said the difference between first and second is irrelevant. I'd disagree on both point more strenuously on the bit I commented on.