Newcastle United vs Barnsley - 07/05/2017 @ 12:00 - No TV

Guest neesy111

Winning the league and finishing 2nd in the Championship is pretty irrelevant like, both teams are promoted and the only difference is the trophy handed to them.

Can anyone on here genuinely say they are interested who wins League Two? Or would they prefer to see whether or not Hartlepool survive on the final day?

As a neutral I'd be much more inclined to watch Forest/Blackburn/Birmingham fight for safety. Especially because they are all reasonably sized clubs and it'd be a nightmare for any of them to be playing League One football.

Winning the league and finishing 2nd in the Premier League is pretty irrelevant like, both teams qualify for the champions leagye and the only difference is the trophy handed to them.

What absolute horseshit :lol: Winning the league in the PL is entirely different to winning it in the Championship/League One/League Two.

Football is about winning things. 1st place in the league should always matter. It's attitude's like the one above that is damaging football where surviving in the Premier League is all that seems to matter and actually winning trophies is always treated second.

It does matter to me whether or not Newcastle win the league.

But 90% of the neutrals across the UK couldn't give a flying f***. Which is why this game hasn't been selected for TV coverage.

90% of neutrals don't give a fuck about the Championship full stop. You actually think there is any interest in who get's relegated to League 1?

Plus you didn't say relegation is more important, you actually said the difference between first and second is irrelevant. I'd disagree on both point more strenuously on the bit I commented on.

If there was a former big club involved then yes.

Guest neesy111

Same people complaining about the relegation fight being chosen, would be complaining if we are in a relegation fight next season and not being able to see those games.

Winning the league and finishing 2nd in the Championship is pretty irrelevant like, both teams are promoted and the only difference is the trophy handed to them.

Can anyone on here genuinely say they are interested who wins League Two? Or would they prefer to see whether or not Hartlepool survive on the final day?

As a neutral I'd be much more inclined to watch Forest/Blackburn/Birmingham fight for safety. Especially because they are all reasonably sized clubs and it'd be a nightmare for any of them to be playing League One football.

Winning the league and finishing 2nd in the Premier League is pretty irrelevant like, both teams qualify for the champions leagye and the only difference is the trophy handed to them.

What absolute horseshit :lol: Winning the league in the PL is entirely different to winning it in the Championship/League One/League Two.

Football is about winning things. 1st place in the league should always matter. It's attitude's like the one above that is damaging football where surviving in the Premier League is all that seems to matter and actually winning trophies is always treated second.

But 90% of the neutrals across the UK couldn't give a flying f***. Which is why this game hasn't been selected for TV coverage.

90% of neutrals don't give a f*** about the Championship full stop. You actually think there is any interest in who get's relegated to League 1?

Plus you didn't say relegation is more important, you actually said the difference between first and second is irrelevant. I'd disagree on both point more strenuously on the bit I commented on.

If there was a former big club involved then yes.

Forest spent years in League 1 not that long ago, it isn't that special an event.

edit: or are Blackburn the big club you mean?

90% of neutrals don't give a f*** about the Championship full stop. You actually think there is any interest in who get's relegated to League 1?

I said the difference between 1st and 2nd in the Championship is irrelevant, which I stand by. I didn't say that is the case across all of the leagues in the world, as it quite obviously isn't.

As I said, would you be more inclined to watch Doncaster and Plymouth fight it out for the League Two title, when both are already guaranteed promotion? Or Hartlepool and Newport battle relegation to the conference?

If you don't believe there is any interest in who out of those three teams gets relegated to League One, you are massively mistaken.

I said the difference between 1st and 2nd in the Championship is irrelevant, which I stand by. I didn't say that is the case across all of the leagues in the world, as it quite obviously isn't.

As I said, would you be more inclined to watch Doncaster and Plymouth fight it out for the League Two title, when both are already guaranteed promotion? Or Hartlepool and Newport battle relegation to the conference?

If you don't believe there is any interest in who out of those three teams gets relegated to League One, you are massively mistaken.

Fair enough if I am. Maybe it's just my frustration at the attitude I've seen all season Twitter that the title doesn't matter. I really genuinely think the title not mattering more than relegation is crazy. Differing opinions I guess.

Most our own fans couldn't care less about the title a couple of days ago. :lol:

Massive difference between reaching the peak of the top league in the country to finishing top of a league where the only priority is going up.

The League Two relegation fight is a bit different though as the team that goes down drops out of the league.

We wont win the title.  We all know how much Villa despise us for reasons unknown, but they will throw this game so Brighton win the title just to p*ss us off!!

This.

Sky know it as well which is they are focusing on the relegation battle.

Go into it with the hope of a good game and win to finish season. There may even be a silver lining afterwards but let's just get a win first.

That's how I see it. Hopefully the players put in a good performance and we win the game. If the result goes for us down at Villa Park then that's the icing on the cake.

Taking my 6 year old to his first home game for this. What an experience for him! Taking the old man to his first home game since he was a regular in the 70/80's. Should be a top day!

Wish it was me and my 6 year old boy. Unfortunately we live in Denmark and he has hero interest in football.

I have failed...HARD :whatdidido: