Newcastle United vs Barnsley - 07/05/2017 @ 12:00 - No TV

Just seen the referee is James Linington. As bad as the referees have been this season I'd still say his display down at West Brom in that FA Cup game back in 2010 is the most biased I've ever seen against us in my lifetime, although Forest away this season ran him close.

Only reffed us once since then and that was this season in the 3-1 home loss to Fulham. Thought he was poor again then but they were sonmuch better than us it didn't make any difference.

sky have no excuse not to be showing us and brighton, as well as the relegation matches.

isnt that the point of digital tv?

press the red button and pick your game.

mongs.

Guest neesy111

sky have no excuse not to be showing us and brighton, as well as the relegation matches.

isnt that the point of digital tv?

press the red button and pick your game.

mongs.

It doesn't work like that.  Contractually they can only show x amount of games.

According to this website :-

http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england2

Villa have the 8th best home record, and brighton the 3rd best away - so looks a draw on paper.

We have the 7th best home, and Barnsley have the 7th best away - so going on the figures looks like a home win.

But at the end of the day - glad to be back in the premiership - I think being champions will be a nice to have if possible but not bothered either way.

Be f***ing livind if this aint on tv somewhere, like.

Aye, I'm thinking of travelling up if not...

Do it Ian. It could be one of the best days in our history of supporting this soap opera of a club. And if it isn't? You'll still get to see the match, have a couple of pints and celebrate promotion at the place it should be celebrated (was thinking SJP not Bigg Market, btw ;-)

BeIN Sports in the US have announced that they're showing.....

Nottingham Forest vs. Ipswich Town, 7am

Brentford vs. Blackburn, 7am

Aston Villa vs. Brighton, 7am

I'm just hoping that maybe the Villa Brighton game goes back and forth a little?

I doubt it though. Fairly sure BeIN just get some intern to throw on the feed and then fuck off for 2 hours.

In all seriousness, I wonder what odds you can get on both Barnsley and Brighton getting penalties this weekend.

There's a decent chance of Barnsley getting one because the ref for our game has only refereed us twice before and has awarded 3 penalties against us, 2 of them contriversial. Likewise Brighton must have been awarded about a dozen penalties this season so I'd imagine the odds would be quite low!

Nice one. Does it ever get so busy that they stop letting people in for these home game broadcasts?

I had to be away early so left the Derby game early and popped in to The Terrace just to check what was going on whilst I walked past and it was busy but there were tables etc available so you should be fine.

It'll be the busiest game of the season - we aren't on UK or foreign TV and have a chance of winning the league. If it was me id be getting there for 11am at the latest as there will be a few thousand minimum planning on going more than likely.

Luckily i got a ticket before they sold out - can't wait!  :D

I think the last time we won the league it wasn't on TV either? I seem to remember only seeing the footage on SSN.

Plymouth away was on sky.

Must have been when we lifted the trophy then.