Pre-Season 2018/19: Newcastle United 0 - 1 FC Augsburg (FT)

ponsaelius

Booked Stansted to Frankfurt for the Mainz game Saturday and obviously a train from Newcastle to Stansted airport on the Friday night. Stay out there for a couple of days then a train to Wolfsburg Tuesday afternoon  have a night there then go to the match Wednesday. Train to Hamburg Wednesday night before flying home on Thursday morning to Manchester then a train back to Newcastle.

Booked Stansted to Frankfurt for the Mainz game Saturday and obviously a train from Newcastle to Stansted airport on the Friday night. Stay out there for a couple of days then a train to Wolfsburg Tuesday afternoon  have a night there then go to the match Wednesday. Train to Hamburg Wednesday night before flying home on Thursday morning to Manchester then a train back to Newcastle.

:thup: cracking trip/major lifestyle envy ...

How much?

:okay: That sounds incredible.

£43 for the train to Stansted with 2 changes at York and Peterborough. £65 for the Saturday morning flight. Dunno about the train to mainz can't see it been much about €15. Train to wolfsburg €47 with 2 changes hotel 1.5 miles from station €29. Train to Hamburg Wednesday night is £18. No hotel as it's a early flight home to Manchester for £10 and the train home is £15 ish to newcastle. Only thing I haven't booked is the train/bus from the airport to mainz.

Watch out which airport you're flying into..I was going to book up but decided £120 all in for 24 hours (Mainz match) wasnt worth it. Frankfurt international is close to Frankfurt and has trains to Mainz. Frankfurt Hahn is no where near Frankfurt and there's a lot more restricted travel to/from. Think it's just buses only and no trains.

Sure you're all over it, but just in case. Enjoy anyway sounds quality!

25 minutes different but it's 50 minutes in the car but there is shuttle buses to mainz very often. it was the same for Lokeren last year. I didn't know I was flying to the little airport and not Brussels international. Was €150 in a taxi to the brussels main square. but luckily there was 4 other toon fans I bumped into at the time and went with them and wasnt as much. For coming back i was picked up early hours at 3am and was in a taxi with others no idea who they were but overall was very lucky on both occasions.

£43 for the train to Stansted with 2 changes at York and Peterborough. £65 for the Saturday morning flight. Dunno about the train to mainz can't see it been much about €15. Train to wolfsburg €47 with 2 changes hotel 1.5 miles from station €29. Train to Hamburg Wednesday night is £18. No hotel as it's a early flight home to Manchester for £10 and the train home is £15 ish to newcastle. Only thing I haven't booked is the train/bus from the airport to mainz.

:thup: £240ish... Not bad.

Just got tickets for Verona. £10 and £5 kids O0; 27 days wonder how many new players we'll see??

They've signed a few actually. Building a team to challenge for the 10/11 European places.

there will be some taxis etc over there aswell so it'll be about a £600 ish for the extra few days over there in between but worth it. Would like to do a tour of Wolfsburgs ground before the match too. every half hour so that shouldn't be a problem.

Guest hydeous

I'm planning to head down to Wolfsburg as well since it's fairly close by. This will be the first time I'll get to watch Newcastle in the flesh, so I'm really looking forward to it.

If I want to buy seats in the away section, will I have to buy it via the nufc website? Or would it be possible to buy it on the Wolfsburg website or at the ground?

I'll probably have more silly questions for a newcastle home game sometime this season, but I'll wait for more concrete plans before bringing those up now.

I'm planning to head down to Wolfsburg as well since it's fairly close by. This will be the first time I'll get to watch Newcastle in the flesh, so I'm really looking forward to it.

If I want to buy seats in the away section, will I have to buy it via the nufc website? Or would it be possible to buy it on the Wolfsburg website or at the ground?

I'll probably have more silly questions for a newcastle home game sometime this season, but I'll wait for more concrete plans before bringing those up now.

I'd imagine the only way you'll be able to get tickets in the away end is via Newcastle, and you'll have to be a member to do that. You might actually be better off getting someone off here to get them for you. I might be able to help actually, so give me a PM if you want me to try and sort something out.