Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

Unless Eibar want to be able to make a replacement signing before allowing us to sign Lejeune, which they can't do until July 1st?

They have no say in it if we meet the release clause though?

They have no say in whether he can go, but they can certainly delay the deal going through if they want.  Just speculating of course, not saying I believe that's happening, but it is something Eibar could do if they wanted to.

It's entirely possible that Eibar could have a deal signed off and confirmed by now with their new player officially joining on July 1, which wouldn't fit with the idea that they won't let him go until that date.

There's a million reasons why a transfer takes time, normally because agents, solicitors, players, club officials, medical guys all need to come together at the same time and that's not even including idea of negotiating fees and salaries etc.

I'm fairly certain that we will sign this guy, probably next week before the players come back for training. I'd like to see 2 or 3 more follow in quick succession.

It's entirely possible that Eibar could have a deal signed off and confirmed by now with their new player officially joining on July 1, which wouldn't fit with the idea that they won't let him go until that date.

They could, was just thinking more of the PR exercise of unveiling a new player before or at the same time as the old one leaves.  Chronicle makes it sound like its us holding things up though.

The guy could be on holiday. Transfers don't usually get done this early, in an ideal world you would like your final squad all in for pre-season. We don't live in an ideal world, and it's likely we will have to wait until later in the transfer window to do most of our business.

The window is open in that any transfers from Europe into England take effect from 10 June, so that doesn't quite hold.

I believe that's incorrect.

With the 2016/17 Premier League finished, the summer transfer window is now open, with clubs able to announce deals that will, in the case of those from outside England, be ratified from 10 June, 2017.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/397434

The window is open in that any transfers from Europe into England take effect from 10 June, so that doesn't quite hold.

I believe that's incorrect.

With the 2016/17 Premier League finished, the summer transfer window is now open, with clubs able to announce deals that will, in the case of those from outside England, be ratified from 10 June, 2017.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/397434

I know what you are saying, but doesn't that just means they can announce, it doesn't mean in our case they will, or that a player contractually moves from certain Countries. Like i said in another thread its basically the end of financial year in regards to players, its when contracts expire, if anything all should be like this, it makes more sense.

English clubs can officially sign and add players to their squad from 9/10 June. Can't see why players have to move only from 1 July if the deal is done and dusted, unless they are signing on a free transfer. Say, we sign Lejeune from Eibar. They are skint and will most likely need the 8.7m to booster their transfer funds. If we meet the release clause and they know Lejeune will leave, why would they say hold the money, let's keep him until 1 July or until our FY ends and waste a few week's worth of wages for a player we won't be using the services of? Meet the release clause, pay up in full and we get him off our books so that we move on and look for his replacement would be the clear option.

Guest neesy111

English clubs can officially sign and add players to their squad from 9/10 June. Can't see why players have to move only from 1 July if the deal is done and dusted, unless they are signing on a free transfer. Say, we sign Lejeune from Eibar. They are skint and will most likely need the 8.7m to booster their transfer funds. If we meet the release clause and they know Lejeune will leave, why would they say hold the money, let's keep him until 1 July or until our FY ends and waste a few week's worth of wages for a player we won't be using the services of? Meet the release clause, pay up in full and we get him off our books so that we move on and look for his replacement would be the clear option.

Because we don't have the money to pay for him.  Our financial year starts on July 1st.