Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

Florian Lejeune

Florian Lejeune

Florian Lejeune

Florian Lejeune

To my surprise, 6 foot 3 inch high!

He's good with a football, brings it down, he doesn't hoof

Fans are screaming! He's in control.

It was so entertaining when the crowd started to explode

I heard somebody say

Florian Lejeune

Mi-kel Me-ree-noooo

Florian Lejeune

It's already been mentioned, about his lack of pace being compensated by his anticipation and reading of the game. two attributes that depend heavily on knowledge of the league you're in.

It's no surprise that he has taken time to show his quality on a consistent level.

Actually, considering his long absence, he's done remarkably.

We look very solid at the back now with him coming in and forging a good partnership with Lascelles. Obviously the new keeper coming in has helped massively as well, as has Dummetts return but even Yedlin has looked far better defensively in recent weeks.

Looks like a very good defender who reads the game well, is comfortable on the ball and good in pressure situations.

Shouldn't really be a surprise as he was also excellent in La Liga.

That horrible tackle and injury in the first game certainly set him back but he now looks back to his best.

I had him as our motm yesterday.

Yes he looks miles better since he came back into the team but he also has Dummett playing too.

Any defender would look shaky having to cover for Manquillo.

Guest firetotheworks

I haven't seen the full match but he looked like the main man at the back from the highlights. I really like him.

I haven't seen the full match but he looked like the main man at the back from the highlights. I really like him.

He and Lascelles just pair so well together they both honestly look capable of snuffing out all types of danger when they play like they did yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Tragically England's Harry Kane seems to have suffered more serious ankle ligament damage than first thought.

Pity it wasn't Lejeune that dealt the "perfectly fair" tackle to inflict it.

🤢🤢

Chuffed with how he's turning out. Had a mini-wobble after his first comeback but him and Lascelles seem the perfect pair. I think you could build a top 8 team with those two in defence.

He's improved massively since being re-installed, I agree that that pair is very strong and a great basis for us for the future.

Guest Howaythetoon

His lack of pace does concern me, but Lascelles has more than enough and it’s not like we ever get outnumbered or kind of overran back there. He’s a comfortable and solid enough CB for us right now.

Guest Howaythetoon

Always felt Lascelles was fairly slow himself. At least when I first saw him play.

He’s not rapid, but he’s quick. Anyway give me a CB that is quicker in the head any day...

• 2 weeks later...