Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Think him and Lascelles will stick around for another season. They won't move them and Ritchie on in one window.

Doesn't Lascelles contract go for another 50 years or something? No-one is paying him off would be my guess.

11 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Doesn't Lascelles contract go for another 50 years or something? No-one is paying him off would be my guess.

End of next season apparently according to both Spotrac and Transfermarkt.

Can see an expected relegation battler taking a punt if we do make him available but can see him being kept around for the changing room for now though.

No chance Murphy goes anywhere this summer though imo. 

Sorry, I know I keep doing the time traveller thing and it'll wear thin, but it's what makes everything really hit home for me.

Imagine being told at the start of the season that by the end we'll very likely qualify for the Champions League and by the end of the season you'll want to keep Jacob Murphy. 

This season has about 50 different potential Quantum Leap plotlines going on.

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Sorry, I know I keep doing the time traveller thing and it'll wear thin, but it's what makes everything really hit home for me.

Imagine being told at the start of the season that by the end we'll very likely qualify for the Champions League and by the end of the season you'll want to keep Jacob Murphy. 

This season has about 50 different potential Quantum Leap plotlines going on.

Not only as a very capable starter, but an integral member of the entire squad and staff. Over the moon for him, personally.

31 minutes ago, Holloway said:

The players clearly love him like, he's like 12 years old. And he can bomb a bit

:lol: He's honestly exactly how I'd be if I got to turn out for my boyhood club as a full time job.

His coming in to form seems to have properly helped him come out of his shell as even though I was a bit more detached in the Bruce years, I don't remember any of this personality. 

got to be player of the year just for the pure joy of playing for newcastle that he expresses.

"my club" he says.

just his all rounds bants and contribution on and off the pitch.

Just now, jack j said:

Last of the subs off the pitch before the game last night. He ran towards an empty gallowgate goal to knock a ball in...hit the fucking post

Saw this as well, but surely it was intentional? :lol:

• 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, Rich said:

It barely made up for the rest of his performance, to be fair. But it was a delightful ball.

he looked 50x better as right full back than his negative 20 rated winger one