Lewis Gibson (now playing for Plymouth Argyle)

Guest firetotheworks

The truth's probably somewhere in the middle. I've heard plenty of negative things from academy members, or their parents, but obviously you take these things with a pinch of salt.

The truth's probably somewhere in the middle. I've heard plenty of negative things from academy members, or their parents, but obviously you take these things with a pinch of salt.

If he doesn't like you/thinks you're a complete knacker then he has no time or love for you like.  :lol:

The knock on Beardsley, for being a shithouse head of academy, is warranted.

There's a joke amongst other clubs (and youth scouts) that our yth talent spotters rarely venture outside the city limits. For a Category One rated academy, their search net is limited - it's pathetic really.

But he's not the head of the academy.  :lol:

There's also a reason why we don't venture too far away from home for our talent

1 - Aaron Spear and friends

2 - We looked far and wide and missed all the talent under our noses that went to 'Boro and Sunderland

3 - You can't compete with Chelsea and Man City when it comes to recruiting. They offer parents jobs as 'scouts' so they can move kids into their catchment areas to play for their academies.

Guest neesy111

If he doesn't like you/thinks you're a complete knacker then he has no time or love for you like.  :lol:

I guess he liked you then. :aww:

I guess he liked you then. :aww:

No idea what you're talking about.  :whistle: :lol:

There's also a reason why we don't venture too far away from home for our talent

2 - We looked far and wide and missed all the talent under our noses that went to 'Boro and Sunderland

3 - You can't compete with Chelsea and Man City when it comes to recruiting. They offer parents jobs as 'scouts' so they can move kids into their catchment areas to play for their academies.

Fair enough, re: the title role. His position was supposed to be central in the area of recruitment, yet we're still lagging Boro.

Can't knock other & more ambitious clubs/academies for spending over above the minimum Cat 1 budget in order to entice families to move into the area, by offering a guardian a side-earner.

Speculate to accumulate. Spear (with the six figure sum it cost to acquire him) flaming out, after he dominated in the younger age groups, and refusing to broaden the se search net because of his case & others seems small time to me, considering the palms (of agents) we have greased in recent years in order to get unobstructed runs at players with release clauses. 

A work colleague is a close relation to Roberts. Spoke to him today and he thought it was a no brainer taking the £6m. Claimed he can't recall him standing out but rated his brother who's a LB. Didn't rate Armstrong for the record. True story kids :lol:

Fair enough, re: the title role. His position was supposed to be central in the area of recruitment, yet we're still lagging Boro.

Can't knock other & more ambitious clubs/academies for spending over above the minimum Cat 1 budget in order to entice families to move into the area, by offering a guardian a side-earner.

Speculate to accumulate. Spear (with the six figure sum it cost to acquire him) flaming out, after he dominated in the younger age groups, and refusing to broaden the se search net because of his case & others seems small time to me, considering the palms (of agents) we have greased in recent years in order to get unobstructed runs at players with release clauses.

Other than it being a total grey area and a bending of the rules to get around the catchment area ruling.  :lol:

Guest chopey

Other than it being a total grey area and a bending of the rules to get around the catchment area ruling.  :lol:

Did Shearer have to sign professional forms in his mams conservatory because it was the only part of his house in the catchment area or have I just dreamed and then made that up ?

Did Shearer have to sign professional forms in his mams conservatory because it was the only part of his house in the catchment area or have I just dreamed and then made that up ?

Didn't Shearer play in nets at a trial day once and never sign for us until we bought him for 15 Million?

If Rafa thought he was worth keeping then he'd be offered an OTT deal to stay, personally delivered to his door by the man himself. I think we've got a really good deal out of this including a few addons which we can spend now to help us stay in the league.

He's 16, anything can happen, plus he looks a big lad which would suggest he's been able to use that to his advantage and that will disappear once he's older.

Lets just hope he doesn't turn out to be awesome :(

We love overhyping young players in this country, but we really have no idea how good this kid will be in the future. Perhaps the lad has personal reasons for wanting to move there, and I think his parents would have some kind of influence or say on this decision given his age. Perhaps we should give him the benefit.

We love overhyping young players in this country, but we really have no idea how good this kid will be in the future. Perhaps the lad has personal reasons for wanting to move there, and I think his parents would have some kind of influence or say on this decision given his age. Perhaps we should give him the benefit.

Hope he ends up on benefits.