Andreas Samaris

Nobody

Do the local press have any contacts these days? For all the stick Oliver got he always seemed to know what was going on. These lot seem to get their stuff from other media outlets. Take Manquillo for example. First time he was even mentioned was that Spanish paper telling us he was flying in to sign for 3-years which is exactly what happened.

Do the local press have any contacts these days? For all the stick Oliver got he always seemed to know what was going on. These lot seem to get their stuff from other media outlets. Take Manquillo for example. First time he was even mentioned was that Spanish paper telling us he was flying in to sign for 3-years which is exactly what happened.

Ryder knows Steve Wraith who knows the ghost of Pav.

Guest neesy111

The chronicle wasn't competing with 100's of different outlets in Oliver's day, plus different ownership etc means you have different contacts.  Club under Shepherd and Hall's had 1000% more positive relationship than they do now under Ashley.

Not sure TBH, no idea how someone who works for the Chronicle could be expected to have contacts all around European football. Maybe someone in the club.

You'd think they'd have had some idea that deal was going on though when it was practically 95% complete by the time it first came out. The Journal, Chronicle, etc didn't have a fucking clue. :lol:

The chronicle wasn't competing with 100's of different outlets in Oliver's day, plus different ownership etc means you have different contacts.  Club under Shepherd and Hall's had 1000% more positive relationship than they do now under Ashley.

That's true, but surely Ryder, Waugh (no relation to the former Australian cricketing brothers I must add) or someone must have some contact within the club who could give them a nudge saying 'By the way, Manquillo should be flying over to Ireland tomorrow'. Or are they really just that poor journalists?

That's true, but surely Ryder, Waugh (no relation to the former Australian cricketing brothers I must add) or someone must have some contact within the club who could give them a nudge saying 'By the way, Manquillo should be flying over to Ireland tomorrow'. Or are they really just that poor journalists?

:yao:

Guest neesy111

I suspect the latter.

They do, but I think it depends on how the powers that be at the club are feeling on any particular day as to whether the Ronny get tipped off. The Wijnaldum and Townsend arrivals were fairly well signposted for example, and I know media were told by the club on each occasion which flight they were arriving on. Others less so.