Mikel Merino

Disco

I'm with Lee Ryder, he's entitled to dive.

And yet Mitrovic's wasn't a free kick. Make your mind up. [emoji38]

Honestly despise the extent to which diving has become acceptable. I could just about understand being entitled to go down when there's contact because it's vindicated by the lack of pens given when players stay on their feet despite being impeded. Actively looking to dive when there's no contact and literally no reason to go down though? That's where we're at now? Honestly, fuck off forever with that shit.

What about the contact on his shoulder?

Guest firetotheworks

Honestly despise the extent to which diving has become acceptable. I could just about understand being entitled to go down when there's contact because it's vindicated by the lack of pens given when players stay on their feet despite being impeded. Actively looking to dive when there's no contact and literally no reason to go down though? That's where we're at now? Honestly, fuck off forever with that shit.

It's a contact sport. Did it impede him? Definitely not. Should it cause his legs to fall beneath him? Definitely not.

Honestly despise the extent to which diving has become acceptable. I could just about understand being entitled to go down when there's contact because it's vindicated by the lack of pens given when players stay on their feet despite being impeded. Actively looking to dive when there's no contact and literally no reason to go down though? That's where we're at now? Honestly, f*** off forever with that s***.

I'm taking the piss.

It's a contact sport. Did it impede him? Definitely not. Should it cause his legs to fall beneath him? Definitely not.

Finely balanced athlete...

It looked to me that he had it in for Sanches. Mikel seemed to have an eye on him, first half in particular.

I thought he was moved on purpose myself. Sanches started pretty well first 20 minutes or so, getting lots of space and the ball as Merino was on the right of the two. Once he moved over he shut the lad right down.

Guest firetotheworks

Honestly despise the extent to which diving has become acceptable. I could just about understand being entitled to go down when there's contact because it's vindicated by the lack of pens given when players stay on their feet despite being impeded. Actively looking to dive when there's no contact and literally no reason to go down though? That's where we're at now? Honestly, f*** off forever with that s***.

I'm taking the piss.

Canny hard to see any subtlety in that post tbf. :lol: I'm relieved.

Have to wonder how long he would have had to wait for a run in the side if it wasn't for that brainless Shelvey red - might turn out to be one of the moments of our season!

Doubt it would have been that long to be fair, if he's like this in training.

His awareness of whats going on in the game is excellent. Calm and composed, puts himself about. Looks like a great find.

Aye, that first touch helps an immense amount. It puts him into space and he already knows what he wants to do.

I don't recall a Newcastle midfielder making so many tackles in a match as he did today.  Awsome.

Bossed it.

He shouldn't have dived, however the media focus on it is going to be unbearable, especially when it's their 'Sky elite' teams who introduced it here and are the worst offenders.

The criticism has been light tbf. It was a total dive so he's going to get stick. The whole panel gave him props for his game but you can't ignore that like.