Kenedy

Scottish Mag

Guest firetotheworks

He'll never get a game at Chelsea like. He might do somewhere and it might not be us, but I'd be really surprised if he stays at Chelsea.

He's got a load of potential though. I reckon somebody else will pay £20 million+ for him and we won't match it. Wouldn't be surprised if he's already got wind of other strong interest from his agent.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, he's definitely going like. :lol: You don't say 'It WAS an amazing chapter in my life' unless you're leaving. It's the whole 'I haven't seen Evil Dead 2 YET' situation from High Fidelity.

He's got a load of potential though. I reckon somebody else will pay £20 million+ for him and we won't match it. Wouldn't be surprised if he's already got wind of other strong interest from his agent.

Kia Joorabchian (I think still represents him) is adept at securing big money deals for his Brazilian contingent. Hard to see us competing for his signature.

Aye, he's definitely going like. :lol: You don't say 'It WAS an amazing chapter in my life' unless you're leaving. It's the whole 'I haven't seen Evil Dead 2 YET' situation from High Fidelity.

With the amount chelsea probably want for him, as well as interest from other clubs, i would have been surprised if a deal had been agreed yet.

I'd also be very surprised if we didn't try and sign him.

Wouldn't read too far into that like, still think we've got a pretty good chance of signing him or loaning him again if the money is there. Seems more a standard procedure thank you message than a certain farewell.

100%

He highlights why I hate the loan system and think it should be banned. We've just basically helped make Chelsea 20 million, and paid a fee for the privileged of doing so. It also adds to the validity of Chelsea's plan to hoover up all the young talent and loan those out that can't make their final squad. Lukaku and Ake are two recent examples of how profitable a ploy it is for them. They couldn't do that if there was no loan market. It would force the players hand too more, if they want to play first team football they have to think twice about moves to the "big clubs". Wish him all the success in the world, it's a shame it's unlikely to be with us but thanks for your efforts.

He highlights why I hate the loan system and think it should be banned. We've just basically helped make Chelsea 20 million, and paid a fee for the privileged of doing so. It also adds to the validity of Chelsea's plan to hoover up all the young talent and loan those out that can't make their final squad. Lukaku and Ake are two recent examples of how profitable a ploy it is for them. They couldn't do that if there was no loan market. It would force the players hand too more, if they want to play first team football they have to think twice about moves to the "big clubs". Wish him all the success in the world, it's a shame it's unlikely to be with us but thanks for your efforts.

What can we do though? Him and Dubravka played a massive part in keeping us up so at least we benefited from it as well. If we have to pay more for his services now, staying up has more than paid for it.

Personally I think he'll go to some other leading club now, can't really hold it against him, he gave 100% while he was here.  I doubt our board will sanction the sort of bid that it will take to bring him here permanently.