Kenedy

Scottish Mag

He was decent today...

His work-rate might have been but he never gets his head up and tries to do it all himself.

Nah, he was working well today and played well on the counter and even made more passes. In fact there was one chance that he created in the first half which I think he would have been better taking the extra touch instead of passing it earlier. Can’t fault him for being greedy today.

He needs to play with his head up and take more care with the ball. Prime example was when he lost the ball centrally on the edge of their box with a ridiculously risky Cruyff turn from a corner which should have led to a goal by Deulofeo (?) as they broke with something like a 4 on 2.

Guest Howaythetoon

He just needs to find some form and consistency in the final 3rd with his passing and shooting. Having to work so hard off the ball and who spends more time behind the ball and in his own half than on it and in attack, however, that’s not going to be easy to achieve. I thought he was good yesterday, but tried too hard and over egged things a lot. Defensively he was superb.

Guest Howaythetoon

The thing with Kenedy is he can do it, he has the tools. It’s about unlocking them and putting them to better use more effectively and efficiently on a more consistent basis. Something he himself and his team-mates are responsible for. Rafa too.

We won’t see the best of him until we have a team of players who share his qualities or can match them though or a team that is set up to play the right way that gets the best out of him as an attacker.

For now, he is better than anything else we have though even at half his best and who is critical to our cause. He’s kind of like Rafa in a way, better than this and much more capable of producing better, but is limited or restricted where he can only do it in flashes.

Two chances in second half stood out for me was a counter with Ayoze where he skipped by the fullback and played a ball likely too early for Rondon. The other was he was looking for the give back from Rondon who held it too long; but those two were awesome examples of his gut busting runs. Supremely quick at times and he’s fantastic when he’s just direct and not dallying a bit on the ball.

For a left footed player, why does he always cut inside? Surely it would be easier for him to just run at a defender and just cut back (with his left foot)

Maybe playing the no.10 role would bring the best out of him?

For a left footed player, why does he always cut inside? Surely it would be easier for him to just run at a defender and just cut back (with his left foot)

Maybe playing the no.10 role would bring the best out of him?

He isn’t that quick so can’t really play as a traditional winger. Should maybe be tried on the right

I’ve thought for a while that he’s looks too 1-footed to play on the wing.  He gets the ball on the left and likes to shift the ball inside but then doesn’t have the right foot to do anything with it, he’s not a particularly good crosser either so i reckon it’d be worth trying him in the centre. 

• 3 weeks later...

Great game from him again. Not only did he try to go forward but he always chased every single ball, even coming across from the side of the pitch to do so.

I think we really missed him when he came off, even though he came off quite late in the game.

The only really criticism you could give him tonight was his decisions to take a few shots from distance.

Of course he’s quick. But it’s easier to be critical and say he’s slow, you know, look cool and that.

Hadn’t seen this. Bit weird :lol:

There’s a massive difference between being quick with the ball at your feet and being quick in a flat out sprint. He’s not gonna burn many full backs for pace

Ran his socks off yesterday, was one of our best players.

I actually thought he was one of our worst players initially, constantly made bad decisions when we had the ball in dangerous areas, but you are right in that his running is important to us. He does a lot of work across the pitch so that compensates for his brain farts in the final third of the pitch, but I can see now why he's not ready for a first team place at Chelsea.

I thought he was fairly wasteful and regularly made the wrong decision. But in our current squad, he’s really important. As he likes to get on the ball, pops up all over the pitch and he is strong on the ball going forward, as well as helping out defensively.

I like him. I just think his languid style sometimes goes against him with fans, myself included.