Kenedy

Scottish Mag

Buying backup for our problem left-back position. Also gives us a more attacking option if we want to play 5 at the back.

Seems pretty sensible to me. 

Save our money for the main problem areas - goalscoring and creativity.

So is he a winger or a left back? I wouldn't have minded this going through in the summer, just not convinced he's going to be what we need in a relegation battle. Same goes for Ings who is the other realistic possible signing mentioned.

I think he's predominantly a winger but has played at left-back/wing-back. I assume that's where Rafa is looking to use him.

The Ings link makes me a bit uneasy as well. He was a decent goalscorer before his injuries but he's a bit of an unknown quantity now. Seems like a risky move when we need someone proven and ready to hit the ground running

When you hear names like Sturridge and Luiz mentioned as possible loan moves, you get a lift and a genuine feeling that we could shoot clear of the relegation spots comfortably. Ings and Kenedy doesn't have that effect to the same degree does it?

Of course not :lol:

However one is realistic and the other is fantasy land.

If we hadn't wasted £24m on Diame we wouldn't have to be making deals like this. However, it's clear Rafa wants him so let's see what he's got.

Rafa also wanted Manquillo and Lejeune...........both are fucking woeful

Take away Torres,Alonso & Reina and he also signed some absolute dross for Liverpool

If we hadn't wasted £24m on Diame we wouldn't have to be making deals like this. However, it's clear Rafa wants him so let's see what he's got.

Take away Torres,Alonso & Reina and he also signed some absolute dross for Liverpool

Not like Centre Backs to need time to bed in when moving to not only a new league but new country, but no you write him completely off.

Not like Centre Backs to need time to bed in when moving to not only a new league but new country, but no you write him completely off.

Write him off??......hes fucking terrible man no better than Mike Williamson worse probably. Give me some things that you see in this plank that makes you believe theres a decent player in there

Write him off??......hes fucking terrible man no better than Mike Williamson worse probably. Give me some things that you see in this plank that makes you believe theres a decent player in there

:spit:

Now I know you're just on the wind up. :lol:

Have I missed a memo somewhere? Lejuene seems to have gone from being perceived very positively to being seen as shite. I wish he would learn not to head the ball to the opposition, but other than a couple of gaffs I haven’t noticed anything deserving of a Williamson slur.

I often wonder the ages of some people on here because they have either never seen a decent centre half play for us or they are just so biased and blinded by anyone who plays in black and white that they think they are a great player

Im sorry but Lejeune is absolutely fucking hopeless and for anyone to think hes decent is staggering. Hes not even in the same league as Titus or Andy OBrien man

Rafa also wanted Manquillo and Lejeune...........both are f***ing woeful

Write him off??......hes f***ing terrible man no better than Mike Williamson worse probably. Give me some things that you see in this plank that makes you believe theres a decent player in there

See, i've held off replying to any of your posts so far because you're obviously either drunk or on day release, but i've hit my limit. That statement right there is grade A horse-s***. Mike Williamson is one of the worst CB to ever play in the Premier League IMO, Lejeune just needs time to adjust and maybe a bit of protection in front of him.

Write him off??......hes f***ing terrible man no better than Mike Williamson worse probably. Give me some things that you see in this plank that makes you believe theres a decent player in there

See, i've held off replying to any of your posts so far because you're obviously either drunk or on day release, but i've hit my limit. That statement right there is grade A horse-s***. Mike Williamson is one of the worst CB to ever play in the Premier League IMO, Lejeune just needs time to adjust and maybe a bit of protection in front of him.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect yours but my view is hes absolutely terrible and not the kind of player you need in a team that has aspirations of competing as a premier league team

Come on man, get your facts straight, it was 20 million, 4 million in add ons if he got called up for England and we made the champs league in his first season !

You didn't really answer his question though !

Come on man, get your facts straight, it was 20 million, 4 million in add ons if he got called up for England and we made the champs league in his first season !

I heard Diame spent his large signing-on fee improving the Metro system.

Guest firetotheworks

For one, you don't rate him.

Oh right, sorry. Firstly he's not Mike Williamson, that's the biggest thing he's got going for him. He looks pretty good bringing the ball out of defence, he's not bad in the air, he makes good interceptions and he's not Mike Williamson (did I mention that already?).

He has looked shit positionally at times, he's made a couple of rash challenges and he not exactly lightning quick. The first two of those weaknesses can be improved through coaching. The last one we'll just have to accept but hey, Wes Morgan and Robert Huth won the PL and they're not exactly Usain Bolt.

Oh right, sorry. Firstly he's not Mike Williamson, that's the biggest thing he's got going for him. He looks pretty good bringing the ball out of defence, he's not bad in the air, he makes good interceptions and he's not Mike Williamson (did I mention that already?).

He has looked s*** positionally at times, he's made a couple of rash challenges and he not exactly lightning quick. The first two of those weaknesses can be improved through coaching. The last one we'll just have to accept but hey, Wes Morgan and Robert Huth won the PL and they're not exactly Usain Bolt.

To mask a lack of pace though you need to be good positionally, it's kind of a huge issue if you mark both those things down as major weaknesses. I'm not convinced by him at all yet, not willing to say he's Mike Williamson however just yet, but we have better options in the squad that Rafa should be selecting, while we wait for Lejuene to adapt.

He has looked s*** positionally at times, he's made a couple of rash challenges and he not exactly lightning quick. The first two of those weaknesses can be improved through coaching. The last one we'll just have to accept but hey, Wes Morgan and Robert Huth won the PL and they're not exactly Usain Bolt.

To mask a lack of pace though you need to be good positionally, it's kind of a huge issue if you mark both those things down as major weaknesses. I'm not convinced by him at all yet, not willing to say he's Mike Williamson however just yet, but we have better options in the squad that Rafa should be selecting, while we wait for Lejuene to adapt.

Positioning comes through coaching to a large extent. It also comes through communication - funny how Lejeune looked like a much better defender in the game against Arsenal alongside our most vocal player. Get a good, vocal keeper in there as well and he'll be better again.

You have to remember this guy has only had what, 10 games in the Premier League?! I'd say CB is arguably the hardest position to adapt to when you join a new league, especially one a frenetic as this one. 

Plenty of high profile CBs who cost a lot more than Lejeune have taken time to adapt to the Premier League so it's no disgrace. Don't write the guy off yet.