Kenedy

Scottish Mag

How much did we spend when we brought Jonjo and Andros in? Even Ashley wouldn't leave us with just loans, takeover or no takeover.

Why would he give a fuck? If we sign people in Jan it's got fuck all to do with Ashley.

How much did we spend when we brought Jonjo and Andros in? Even Ashley wouldn't leave us with just loans, takeover or no takeover.

Why would he give a f***? If we sign people in Jan it's got f*** all to do with Ashley.

Well if he was still the owner, then aye, it's got many fucks to do with Ashley.

Guest firetotheworks

I reckon it's out and out bollocks that. Even without the takeover, we'd be spending in this window to avoid relegation IMO.

May well be in our interests to keep pushing that we've got no brass, Rafa is in the dark etc.

:thup: I wouldn't put it past them to have stumbled upon it by accident rather than doing it deliberately, but letting it be known that we have plenty to spend would probably make things a lot harder.

My main point was that he was at Watford on loan for a significant period of time yet could only muster 15 minutes that says it all to me. Everyone getting excited about signing a player that couldn't get anywhere near Watfords first team last year

A loan wasted imo

If that was your man point why didn't you say as such? No, I believe you read in facebook/twitter/SMB that he was rubbish and regurgitated it without knowing the facts cos you like to whinge.

I watched Kenedy last night, and asked my mate, a Chelsea Season ticket holder, what is he meant to be, he was awful, seeemd to lack discipline and very unlike a Rafa player. Seems very raw so maybe Rafa can put him on the right path. Went from one extreme to the other, would hoof the ball one moment and then tried a rainbow flick in the opposition box which ended with him on the ground, a failed elastico moments later in the box, then a wild John Smith style 'have it' up in the air, odd player.

Still, seems we are trying to act quickly which is positive, hopefully Kenedy rediscovers his form from his earliest Chelsea appearances when he looked a prospect.

Buying backup for our problem left-back position. Also gives us a more attacking option if we want to play 5 at the back.

Seems pretty sensible to me. 

Save our money for the main problem areas - goalscoring and creativity.

So is he a winger or a left back? I wouldn't have minded this going through in the summer, just not convinced he's going to be what we need in a relegation battle. Same goes for Ings who is the other realistic possible signing mentioned.

Buying backup for our problem left-back position. Also gives us a more attacking option if we want to play 5 at the back.

So is he a winger or a left back? I wouldn't have minded this going through in the summer, just not convinced he's going to be what we need in a relegation battle. Same goes for Ings who is the other realistic possible signing mentioned.

I think he's predominantly a winger but has played at left-back/wing-back. I assume that's where Rafa is looking to use him.

The Ings link makes me a bit uneasy as well. He was a decent goalscorer before his injuries but he's a bit of an unknown quantity now. Seems like a risky move when we need someone proven and ready to hit the ground running

I actually liked the system against Chelsea, if we had a legit wing back, maybe Rafa wants to try it out again

We didn't really get a decent look at it because we were up against such a strong opponent. Yedlin is ideal for a wing back because of his pace and movement but we're a bit lopsided so hopefully Kennedy comes in and solves that problem

I think he's predominantly a winger but has played at left-back/wing-back. I assume that's where Rafa is looking to use him.

The Ings link makes me a bit uneasy as well. He was a decent goalscorer before his injuries but he's a bit of an unknown quantity now. Seems like a risky move when we need someone proven and ready to hit the ground running

When you hear names like Sturridge and Luiz mentioned as possible loan moves, you get a lift and a genuine feeling that we could shoot clear of the relegation spots comfortably. Ings and Kenedy doesn't have that effect to the same degree does it?

Given how badly we were hit by the injuries to Atsu and Dummett, signing someone who can cover them both is a very welcome body. I'd have preferred Shaw but he seems to be getting more game time at ManUre now and he'll probably have better options

I actually liked the system against Chelsea, if we had a legit wing back, maybe Rafa wants to try it out again

We didn't really get a decent look at it because we were up against such a strong opponent. Yedlin is ideal for a wing back because of his pace and movement but we're a bit lopsided so hopefully Kennedy comes in and solves that problem

Think Rafa only tried that against Chelsea because they don't play with wingers

The thing about Kenedy being a winger/full back hybrid is that we already have Yedlin to do that if we need it, and he's been a bit of a let down defensively if anything. I'd be amazed if Kenedy is going to be much better in that regard, so can only hope he's a lot better going forward.

The thing about Kenedy being a winger/full back hybrid is that we already have Yedlin to do that if we need it, and he's been a bit of a let down defensively if anything. I'd be amazed if Kenedy is going to be much better in that regard, so can only hope he's a lot better going forward.

Different side aren't they?

Different side aren't they?

Yeah fair point. A left sided wide player would be useful.