Kenedy

Scottish Mag

If we hadn't wasted £24m on Diame we wouldn't have to be making deals like this. However, it's clear Rafa wants him so let's see what he's got.

Rafa also wanted Manquillo and Lejeune...........both are f***ing woeful

Take away Torres,Alonso & Reina and he also signed some absolute dross for Liverpool

Not like Centre Backs to need time to bed in when moving to not only a new league but new country, but no you write him completely off.

Write him off??......hes f***ing terrible man no better than Mike Williamson worse probably. Give me some things that you see in this plank that makes you believe theres a decent player in there

See, i've held off replying to any of your posts so far because you're obviously either drunk or on day release, but i've hit my limit. That statement right there is grade A horse-s***. Mike Williamson is one of the worst CB to ever play in the Premier League IMO, Lejeune just needs time to adjust and maybe a bit of protection in front of him.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect yours but my view is hes absolutely terrible and not the kind of player you need in a team that has aspirations of competing as a premier league team

We paid £8m or so for him, he's exactly what you get for that sort of money.

Oh right, sorry. Firstly he's not Mike Williamson, that's the biggest thing he's got going for him. He looks pretty good bringing the ball out of defence, he's not bad in the air, he makes good interceptions and he's not Mike Williamson (did I mention that already?).

He has looked s*** positionally at times, he's made a couple of rash challenges and he not exactly lightning quick. The first two of those weaknesses can be improved through coaching. The last one we'll just have to accept but hey, Wes Morgan and Robert Huth won the PL and they're not exactly Usain Bolt.

I know it's daft to take a stat like this in isolation, but his natual positioning can't be that bad if he's wracking up numbers like this for interceptions.

Interceptions in La Liga 2016/17:

Lejeune 104

Felipe Luis 70

Pique 65

Carvajal 65

Busquets 60

Alba 55

Godin 54

Lejeune has looked quality in some games, but he also looks like he gets overwhelmed by the pace of the Premier league in others. Considering we've had seasoned English defenders like John Stones look like a fish out of water at times, I wouldn't be writing off Lejeune just yet. For the money he might still turn out to be a great buy.

Mike Williamson isn't a far off description recently like :lol:

He's went from looking like a really composed ball playing centre back to a full on hoof merchant. I cannot remember ever seeing a defender so visibly just 'av it up the pitch so often. I hope he gets better obvs, and his pre-season flick is what we can expect from him.

I doubt any defender just literally wellies it in any random direction like, they will always try to hit the striker - some are obviously better at it and I think Lejeune recently he's been more in the hoof it camp. I'm being harsh as Joselu actually won most things against Arsenal but it still never got us anywhere. It was just frustrating knowing that whenever Lejeune was on the ball Arsenal would have it their half within 5 seconds.

Mike Williamson isn't a far off description recently like :lol:

He's went from looking like a really composed ball playing centre back to a full on hoof merchant. I cannot remember ever seeing a defender so visibly just 'av it up the pitch so often. I hope he gets better obvs, and his pre-season flick is what we can expect from him.

Floke Willejeuneson.

In terms of Kenedy, when we were first linked, thought it was a silly move unless he could play up top. But considering the form of our wide men, Ritchie in particular, it's definitely a need, it does however mean that's our lot from Chelsea's infinite source of young talent. Be interesting to know if he could play the number 10 role ?

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not going to be too judgemental on Lejeune because look at how Colo turned out. He's a good footballer for me, but is struggling badly at the moment in a team of many who are. He has talent though and has shown that at times.

Worst football poster's gonna be f***ing tight this year.

Vote Kaka.

:lol:

I really can't compete anymore man.

Comparing Lejeune to Williamson?! Absolutely tragic stuff. Lose some games and people just completely come unglued and start talking utter rubbish. Terrible stuff.

I'm not going to be too judgemental on Lejeune because look at how Colo turned out. He's a good footballer for me, but is struggling badly at the moment in a team of many who are. He has talent though and has shown that at times.

:thup:

Vote Kaka.

Comparing Lejeune to Williamson?! Absolutely tragic stuff. Lose some games and people just completely come unglued and start talking utter rubbish. Terrible stuff.

He only picked you cos you're a forrin.

Look how Colo turned out??......Bar 1 or 2 seasons he was an absolute liability and a complete disgrace towards the end

Vote Kaka.

Lose some games??

How about 8 out of 9 or 11 out of 18 (1 short of the most in the division by the way) that's not some that's most in my book

Vote Kaka.

Lose some games??

How about 8 out of 9 or 11 out of 18 (1 short of the most in the division by the way) that's not some that's most in my book

Grow up man. What the hell did you expect this season? It was always going to be volatile due to the horrendous summer we had in the transfer market. You are being ridiculous.

geordiedean has an axe to grind as he keeps posting that same sentence in different threads. How come not a response from you, deano, about Pulis' record for WBA, which was worse, when you were going on about how he would be doing better than Rafa?

geordiedean has an axe to grind as he keeps posting that same sentence in different threads. How come not a response from you, deano, about Pulis' record for WBA, which was worse, when you were going on about how he would be doing better than Rafa?

Pulis record at WBA was shocking yes and he rightly deserved the sack, anyone no matter who you are if you have that kind of record you deserve the sack...Mourinho,Van Gaal,Ancelotti have all been sacked too for shit records

Rafa takes 1 point from fucking 27 though and hes absolved of all blame on all counts

Yes we are a championship team and fucked up majorly in the summer because of such tight restraints but the players we did buy are absolute garbage and a complete waste of 30m quid and this lad Kenedy will be no different. Tart it up all you like but 1 point from 27 is a sackable offence imo