Joselu (now playing for Al Gharafa)

Dave

On the news they said it was only the fourth Spanish player to ever score for Newcastle. I guess the others are:

- Ayoze

- José Enrique

- Luque?

Xisco too. Probably meant 4th in PL as Enrique only scored in championship

Yeah, they probably meant that. For some reason I thought Xisco never scored for you.

Guest neesy111

On the news they said it was only the fourth Spanish player to ever score for Newcastle. I guess the others are:

- Ayoze

- José Enrique

- Luque?

Xisco too. Probably meant 4th in PL as Enrique only scored in championship

Yeah, they probably meant that. For some reason I thought Xisco never scored for you.

He did on his debut.

• 2 weeks later...

I can definitely see why Stoke fans didn't want to see him go, like. His aerial presence and hold up play looks very good.

I thought that was even more noticeable when he went off and Gayle came on. We didn't really have a focal point and it gave Swansea a lot of the ball. I'm not doing Gayle down with that, he isn't that type of forward, but you can see why Rafa will likely pick Joselu in this league.

Rightly first choice at the minute, with Gayle and/or Mitro to come on depending on whether we're chasing a game, need pace, a more physical presence, etc. In theory it's a good blend of attributes we've got up front. It's whether they can step up in the Premier League consistently that's the question. Though if Mitro's Prem record from the bench under Rafa and Gayle's at Palace is anything to go by then it might be ok if Joselu continues like this.