Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

Probably the worst striker I’ve seen for us. If Rafa persists with him over anyone else he’s on drugs because they cannot be any worse. I’d rather play with no striker and have an extra man in midfield. It’s like playing with 10 men.

guivarch and andreas say hi.

Frank Pingel and Rob McDonald were worse and so was Ray Clarke.

Before my time old man!

I'm only 50 FFS, middle aged i'll give you, but certainly not old!!!

Guest Howaythetoon

Probably the worst striker I’ve seen for us. If Rafa persists with him over anyone else he’s on drugs because they cannot be any worse. I’d rather play with no striker and have an extra man in midfield. It’s like playing with 10 men.

Better than this lump of shit.

No they weren't, you're wearing rose tinted specs if you think they were anarl.

Load of shite, just like this lump of turd and like they were too, but just even shitter.

Guest firetotheworks

Frank Pingel and Rob McDonald were worse and so was Ray Clarke.

Riviere was only a couple of years ago as well.

Guest reefatoon

They are all absolute s*** including Joselu.

Lovely bloke though...

He has those gormless bulbous eyes which make him look like a rabbit caught in headlights, which is quite fitting as that is  how the useless cunt plays too.

Guest firetotheworks

Was thinking the same thing, how the only debate we have over our strikers is who's the worst we can remember compared to what we have now.

5th choice striker in not being very good shocker.

In what universe is he 5th choice? If you take out Rondon, who's never fit for purpose, there are Perez and Muto, both of whom are injury free afaik. He's starting up front ahead of them, so I make it 2nd best unless I'm missing someone.

In what universe is he 5th choice? If you take out Rondon, who's never fit for purpose, there are Perez and Muto, both of whom are injury free afaik. He's starting up front ahead of them, so I make it 2nd best unless I'm missing someone.

Don't think he was trying to be particularly accurate with numbers , but I think he was referring to Rafa's shopping list rather than our (feeble) current selection alternatives .

Leon Best was much better than the likes of Riviere, Joselu, LDJ et al.

Still say getting rid of him when Shola was still around was a massive error. Would have been ideal to keep as backup when he was sold considering how useful he'd been the season before. Wasn't a great goalscorer but unlike Joselu he wasn't completely meek.

Don't think he was trying to be particularly accurate with numbers , but I think he was referring to Rafa's shopping list rather than our (feeble) current selection alternatives .

Ah ok. I'm going to agree with tubesation's dad here then, if he's not good enough then don't agree to buy him. And definitely don't keep starting the fucker in every game.

Is there another team in the country attempting to setup like us who would consider signing Joselu? Some people claim that he’s good at jostling defenders and holding the ball up, but do any other teams have strikers who aren’t there to score goals?

Do people seriously think that him playing over Mitrovic is ensuring that we’re only losing 2-0 at home to Leicester instead of 4 or 5?

Apologies mentioning Mitrovic outside of his thread btw.

It’s really not working. Stick Perez up front on his own and stick 5 midfielders in if we want to play defensively.