Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Playing him upfront can be a serious handicap sometimes. He plays like he is scared of scoring goals, no confidence whatsoever. The chance when Ayoze played him in was a pivotal moment in the match. Any forward player of decent quality (Vardy, Iheanacho, Maddison, or Ricardo for example) either has a shot at goal (that may beat the keeper or cause havoc from a rebound) or tries to square to the player in the centre. Joselu just hesitates until a defender can take the responsibility of shooting away from him. A team that struggles to create chances cannot afford this. The two strikers the club dumped in the close season had serious deficiencies, but neither of them were scared to attempt the primary role of their position.

Playing him upfront can be a serious handicap sometimes. He plays like he is scared of scoring goals, no confidence whatsoever. The chance when Ayoze played him in was a pivotal moment in the match. Any forward player of decent quality (Vardy, Iheanacho, Maddison, or Ricardo for example) either has a shot at goal (that may beat the keeper or cause havoc from a rebound) or tries to square to the player in the centre. Joselu just hesitates until a defender can take the responsibility of shooting away from him. A team that struggles to create chances cannot afford this. The two strikers the club dumped in the close season had serious deficiencies, but neither of them were scared to attempt the primary role of their position.

You're not wrong.

Guest Howaythetoon

Probably the worst striker I’ve seen for us. If Rafa persists with him over anyone else he’s on drugs because they cannot be any worse. I’d rather play with no striker and have an extra man in midfield. It’s like playing with 10 men.

Probably the worst striker I’ve seen for us. If Rafa persists with him over anyone else he’s on drugs because they cannot be any worse. I’d rather play with no striker and have an extra man in midfield. It’s like playing with 10 men.

He's a lovely bloke but that chance when he was through on goal just shows he is totally devoid of confidence as a striker. He just shit himself and didn't know what to do.

guivarch and andreas say hi.

Frank Pingel and Rob McDonald were worse and so was Ray Clarke.

Guest Howaythetoon

Better than this lump of shit.

Guest Howaythetoon

Before my time old man!

Riviere too

Better than this lump of shit.

No they weren't, you're wearing rose tinted specs if you think they were anarl.

Before my time old man!

Take it from me they were far far worse.

Riviere too

Aye, him as well.