Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

He just doesn’t look like he can strike a ball with any sort of power or conviction. Will win a few headers here and there, hold the ball up okay at times but he is just utterly useless at he main part of his job.

If we had a someone with him in the Bellamy mould, who would score goals, it’d probably work and mask his obvious deficiencies.

Thankfully we’ve bought a proper striker in, sadly, it’s far too late and we’ve dropped points because of it.

I don't think Joselu is that good at holding up the ball, and ironically I think when he's played his best for us he hasn't even provided that much of a focal point up front - when he first arrived he would drop into deeper and wider positions, and he did serve to bring Merino and Perez more into play. His all-round game has deteriorated as he's lost confidence.

As a minor caveat in the whole striker debate, I had a look at some of the other teams' strikers after hearing last night that Benteke had scored only his second goal of the season. We have Joselu with 4 goals, Gayle with 3, and Perez with 2, and several other clubs haven't fared that much better. Crystal Palace have Zaha with 4, Sako with 3, and Benteke with 2; Huddersfield have Depoitre with 5 and Mounie with 4; for Stoke, Diouf has 5, Choupo-Moting 4, and Crouch 3; at Swansea Ayew has 5 and Abraham 4; West Brom have Rodriguez with 4, Rondon with 3, and Robson-Kanu 2; even Burnley only have Wood with 4, and Barnes and Vokes with 3 apiece. There's a number of teams scrapping about and switching things up without a regular goalscorer, although the figures alone don't convey chances wasted.

I don't think Joselu is that good at holding up the ball, and ironically I think when he's played his best for us he hasn't even provided that much of a focal point up front - when he first arrived he would drop into deeper and wider positions, and he did serve to bring Merino and Perez more into play. His all-round game has deteriorated as he's lost confidence.

As a minor caveat in the whole striker debate, I had a look at some of the other teams' strikers after hearing last night that Benteke had scored only his second goal of the season. We have Joselu with 4 goals, Gayle with 3, and Perez with 2, and several other clubs haven't fared that much better. Crystal Palace have Zaha with 4, Sako with 3, and Benteke with 2; Huddersfield have Depoitre with 5 and Mounie with 4; for Stoke, Diouf has 5, Choupo-Moting 4, and Crouch 3; at Swansea Ayew has 5 and Abraham 4; West Brom have Rodriguez with 4, Rondon with 3, and Robson-Kanu 2; even Burnley only have Wood with 4, and Barnes and Vokes with 3 apiece. There's a number of teams scrapping about and switching things up without a regular goalscorer, although the figures alone don't convey chances wasted.

Facts? We'll have no facts here. This is a:

http://i.imgur.com/OieEVcz.jpg

Seen some shit forwards in my time and he is down there with Billy Rafferty and Ray Clarke for shitness ,wtf did he take the pen for as imho kennedy was having a stormer whilst he looked like was ready to ring samaritans

Fuck, now I'm starting to feel bad for this lad's miss the other night. Just in general feel terrible for him because he clearly has been lauded for his work rate and effort by so many people in and out of the club.

I do hope he has someone (a Supemac or Micky Quinn type) to help him keep things in context plus tell him to stop thinking so much and just strike the ball. He is apparently a very good finisher/has the technical skill. A good couple of blasters would probably sort his head right out.

I do hope he has someone (a Supemac or Micky Quinn type) to help him keep things in context plus tell him to stop thinking so much and just strike the ball. He is apparently a very good finisher/has the technical skill. A good couple of blasters would probably sort his head right out.

he is shit man ffs  :iamatwat:

He's a very poor finisher, but I've seen many forwards at this club who were worse overall.

teaser f***ing tell us then  :cheesy:

Riviere, Luuk de Jong, Daniel Cordone, Ian Rush :lol:, Guivarc'h to name a few. Luque scored 1 goal in 21 games...

I don't hate him, not his fault he's playing main striker. But he's pretty weak to start.

Would probs be okay as a sub striker for 15 mins at end of game.

personally think he should not get anywhere the subs bench ,has no real hunger or talent .

I don't hate him, not his fault he's playing main striker. But he's pretty weak to start.

Would probs be okay as a sub striker for 15 mins at end of game.

personally think he should not get anywhere the subs bench ,has no real hunger or talent .

I agree he's crap like. He can't ever start again.