Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

Just think this lad was once plying his trade at the Bernabeu

Is there any footage of him actually being a footballer there? Maybe ran a hotdog cart outside the stadium?

I was thinking turnstile operator?

Or maybe he was one of them fans who have a go at a half time challenge and that's how he ended up on the pitch.

I don’t think some people realise the capability level of professional footballers. Especially those maintaining top flight careers. Joselu will be excellent at striking the ball, there was a recent quote about him being one of the best finishers at the club. Of course he’ll be aware of how he is perceived, he looked near suicidal after the two misses against Burnley. If you watched him train or joined in some shooting practice with him you’d no doubt think he was a world-beater. Whilst he’s never going to turn into something he isn’t, I really think a bit of back to basics (blast the f***er on target) and luck/rub of the green would do wonders for him. Suspect he’s missed his chance now (no pun), but maybe Slimani can show him the way.

I don’t think some people realise the capability level of professional footballers. Especially those maintaining top flight careers. Joselu will be excellent at striking the ball, there was a recent quote about him being one of the best finishers at the club. Of course he’ll be aware of how he is perceived, he looked near suicidal after the two misses against Burnley. If you watched him train or joined in some shooting practice with him you’d no doubt think he was a world-beater. Whilst he’s never going to turn into something he isn’t, I really think a bit of back to basics (blast the f***er on target) and luck/rub of the green would do wonders for him. Suspect he’s missed his chance now (no pun), but maybe Slimani can show him the way.

As we're seeing with Gayle top flight football is very much about margins for strikers. Throw Joselu in the championship he'll no doubt hit double figures and be a very useful player.

Honestly we got what we paid for with this guy, I can't fault his effort, its just the ability that is lacking. He is what he is, a sort-of physical presence with an average ability to convert at this level

Like someone said earlier, its Gayle who has really let us down this year, considering what we paid for him, he should have been doing more at this level.

Did feel sorry for him after the rage had subsided at the match the other day like, he looked gutted after his pen miss but looked like he wanted to die after his shot in the second half, think he'll be glad we're playing away from home if he needs to start tomorrow. Completely lost the crowd at home.

Benitez explained that Joselu missed the game at Palace due to illness, with the Toon boss adding: “He has a virus.

“Then it was very dangerous for everyone because in the end all the family are with the virus and you have to be careful.

“He was very weak.”

guffaw

Benitez explained that Joselu missed the game at Palace due to illness, with the Toon boss adding: “He has a virus.

“Then it was very dangerous for everyone because in the end all the family are with the virus and you have to be careful.

“He was very weak.”

guffaw

Virus has already infected the team's ability to finish for some time.

As we're seeing with Gayle top flight football is very much about margins for strikers. Throw Joselu in the championship he'll no doubt hit double figures and be a very useful player.

We'll find out next season.

We'll find out next season.

Who's he signing for like?

• 1 month later...