Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

I appreciate the fact he's living off scraps but there's no point in playing him when he offers so little. May as well play someone who gives you an option? He's doing and contributing zero. He's doing his best but it's just not good enough.

Benitez has to get over whatever issue he has with Gayle previously and whether he was as injured as he claimed or whatever. The guy can score goals, give him a continued run in the team again. No striker can build form as a sub every single game.

Guest firetotheworks

Mitrovic is so clearly better than Joselu, like.

You need to be on the pitch to show that, like. Canny hard when you're elbowing opponents and rolling around like a prat. Joselu's no good, but Mitrovic's both a liability and not good enough.

He looks worse with every game he plays. At least Mitrovic puts himself about and although he's clearly not the long term answer surely he's a better current option than Joselu until this takeover hopefully goes through and we can spend good money on a proper centre forward.

Mitrovic is so clearly better than Joselu, like.

Mitrovic is fundamentally flawed but he simply can't offer less than Joselu is at the minute. It's not sticking when it goes forward which means a single mistake costs you the game. I don't expect a goal a game but I expect a striker to finish chances and hold it up. Joselu is doing neither and it's a no brainier.

He won the ball in the air a few times, his layoffs were mostly dodgy though. That standard today is not high enough in general play to keep the other strikers out of the side if that's what he's meant to bring. That shot he did put wide was actually intended for Atsu in a better position.

Anybody who watched that Stoke game could see the bloke was useless.

There were a lot on here that didn't think that at the time, they rightly pointed out that at least he was getting into positions. He's not even doing that now, he's adding little to our link up play, offering no threat whatsover, isn't opening up space for others to exploit and isn't giving the opponent centre halves anything to think about, apart from that he's been spectacular :) I know Rafa's options are limited but Mitro and this strange version of Gayle we have now offer something in at least one of those areas, clearly both are not in Rafa's good books right now and Joselu still somehow is.