Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

Id rather play Joselu than Mitrovic tbh

Same here, both average, but the Spaniard isn't a liability and has more movement. Again though we badly need an upgrade!

Id probably say Joselu has better hold up play, better in the air and a better finisher.

Was convinced he was going to miss whilst at the same time thinking how the hell has he managed to get 1 on 1 with their keeper. Probably our best choice striker to fit our system till Xmas at least.

He's probably a 10-14 goal a season striker. His minutes per goals record over the last 4 years suggests it, and he has 1 in 3 here so far to suggest it too. For £5m you can't complain.

Really? Think he will struggle to hit double figures. From what i've seen from him, he could easily go 6-7 games without a goal. IMO he's a 6-10 man.

He's probably a 10-14 goal a season striker. His minutes per goals record over the last 4 years suggests it, and he has 1 in 3 here so far to suggest it too. For £5m you can't complain.

Really? Think he will struggle to hit double figures. From what i've seen from him, he could easily go 6-7 games without a goal. IMO he's a 6-10 man.

yeah creep into double-figures if he's lucky i agree, but considering how much our general play has improved with him in the side and for the paltry fee it's looking like decent business imo

Don't really understand the flak he's getting. Seems to be because he's not the player we should have got in the summer so he seems to have been heavily criticised very early on? Others seem to have had much more time (Mitro, for example, who I am a fan of). I think he provides some really consistent link up play and graft, and he's a good mover off-the-ball - he's certainly not 's***'. I think his finishing will come good, he just seems a bit overawed to be playing for us at times.

Demba Ba was f***ing woeful for us in his first 5 games, iirc. Things can change quickly for strikers.

Tl;dr - he's a decent piece of business and a good squad option.

Just doesn't seem to have any conviction. Even his goal against West Ham was a dainty little toe-poke that was bundled in more than anything. Just fucking pull your leg back and hit it, man.

Still, fair play for his goal today. Was a good run and he was in the right place.

Just doesn't seem to have any conviction. Even his goal against West Ham was a dainty little toe-poke that was bundled in more than anything. Just f***ing pull your leg back and hit it, man.

Still, fair play for his goal today. Was a good run and he was in the right place.

He tried that against Stoke. Missed as well.

Don't really understand the flak he's getting. Seems to be because he's not the player we should have got in the summer so he seems to have been heavily criticised very early on? Others seem to have had much more time (Mitro, for example, who I am a fan of). I think he provides some really consistent link up play and graft, and he's a good mover off-the-ball - he's certainly not 's***'. I think his finishing will come good, he just seems a bit overawed to be playing for us at times.

Demba Ba was f***ing woeful for us in his first 5 games, iirc. Things can change quickly for strikers.

Tl;dr - he's a decent piece of business and a good squad option.

Aye, except he's our best striker atm. That's the problem. All of our strikers are ok in some way, he might be the best of them overall but..... can't see him scoring many. So unconvincing when bearing down on goal.

Just doesn't seem to have any conviction. Even his goal against West Ham was a dainty little toe-poke that was bundled in more than anything. Just fucking pull your leg back and hit it, man.

I still don't believe it's him who scored that cracker against Madrid.

Man that goal made me laugh so much :lol:

But he gets into positions to score so often man. The guy's movement is really good.

He's just over thinking things at the moment. Feeling a bit of pressure of being the main man, which he hasn't been used to. Stick with him.

Happy it worked out for him today. We just need to keep playing him to see if he can get more confident in those positions, because if he does, he'll be great for us.

Unless he improves massively I'd rather we played Mitrovic like :lol:

I massively disagree with his hold-up play being better and unless he suddenly starts pelting them in there's virtually no difference in-front of goal. Mitrovic is a bigger threat from set pieces and balls coming in though.

Not even sure his movement is any better, I thought it was after the first game or 2 I saw him but I think I was over-reacting a bit.

I have no idea what the craic is with Gayle otherwise he'd be straight in the side.

He looked excellent at hold-up play and all-around stuff versus West Ham and Swansea. Was getting on great chances and looked a handful versus Stoke, looked rather tame versus Brighton and was meh for me today despite that fantastic run and shin goal.

Would like to think that Mitrovic is the like-for-like switch for him as we clearly need a focal point who can hold things up.

I massively disagree with his hold-up play being better and unless he suddenly starts pelting them in there's virtually no difference in-front of goal. Mitrovic is a bigger threat from set pieces and balls coming in though.

Not even sure his movement is any better, I thought it was after the first game or 2 I saw him but I think I was over-reacting a bit.

I have no idea what the craic is with Gayle otherwise he'd be straight in the side.

I'd go for Mitrovic as well at the moment. The goal yesterday was almost another embarrassing miss but for a huge slice of luck, he looked like he lost his nerve. Mitro's not a great finisher either, but he has more confidence and I wonder if Joselu has the mentality to succeed at a club this big. The talk that he's a lethal finisher in training makes you wonder even more.

His best bet is that Rafa can build his confidence in front of goal and get the best out of him.

Watching him run through on goal yesterday, I thought he was going to stop, Jesus he knew he had a defender chasing him and he was so lucky that Matip hoofed it off his shin.

I doubt he would have many supporters if he didn't have that slice of good fortune, he cannot finish.  He has missed some monumental sitters by either panicking or trying to take the cover off the ball like that chance early in the second half against Stoke.  No composure and brittle confidence in my opinion...... having said that I'm not sure we have better  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think this sums it up for me too.

I've said my piece on him, yesterday's game despite scoring further emphasized to me why he's not the right player to be leading our line. Matip plays offside, then has to turn back and still makes back 2 or 3 yards on him, before Joselu has even decided what to do, so slow in thought and speed. For me Mitro is the best of a distinctly average group. Our front pairing, if you can call it that is by far our weakest link, we are sneaking by right now, lets hope that continues and we address it in January. He really needs to cash in on Mitro, because he clearly doesn't rate or trust him, pointless having him sitting around in our reserves while his transfer value plummets. 

I mean he essentially missed that chance, it's practically an OG. He just seems to have zero composure in front of goal. People can say the same about mitro but he scored from a very similar chance, and rounded the keeper.

Without the deflection it doesn't even go down as a shot on goal.

Also, Lascelles seemed to have been giving him a right bollocking during the goal celebration. Maybe telling him that he told him he can score and be a success here? Seemed very much an "I told you so" kind of bollocking.

Also, Lascelles seemed to have been giving him a right bollocking during the goal celebration. Maybe telling him that he told him he can score and be a success here? Seemed very much an "I told you so" kind of bollocking.

He's kicking the fuck out of him and poor Joselu just doesn't have the heart to tell him it was a complete fluke. :lol: