Newcastle United vs. Nottingham Forest - 23/08/17 @ 7.45pm (No TV)

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colback omitted from the entire squad speaks volumes on his current situation.

Some good news at last.

Was just about to say. The fact Saivet has come in from nowhere to make the bench and now start tonight just shows how little he thinks of Colback. :lol:

Don't think he's ever rated him, just been stuck with him. I remember him being 'hauled off' at Fulham first game of last season and was never first-choice again. Just filled in to rest players or replace injured players.

Saivet starts. 35-yard rasper into the top corner at the Gallowgate as an 89th minute winner.

Lump on it.

If he has a genuinely decent game again, I'm gonna be baffled by the whole situation. Lazaar is realllly unfancied on that basis of that team sheet.

Expect Aarons & Murphy to be pushing for a place in the side. Darlow aswell will get back in soon enough imo. Mitrovic needs to basically be mint from here on out to get noticed again, time to put the big boy pants on & sort it out.

On way to match and totally deflated by that lineup.

Quite happy with it myself. All those guys will be fresh and it will be a chance to see a few faces like Saivet who don't get a look in otherwise.

The only disappointment for me (predictable though it was) is the inclusion of Diame. I would have liked to see Murphy and Aarons attacking and linking up with someone who can control the ball, react quickly and be creative. Surely Mitro would have enough chances to score/get his eye in/confidence up.... Slo Mo will probs score a brace now I've posted that!

We're desperately short of anything capable of being decent in the PL, so it's not worth the risk in this case. Hopefully we'll win, we'll sign some players and see a stronger team in the next round.