Newcastle United vs. Nottingham Forest - 23/08/17 @ 7.45pm (No TV)

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hope having the draw at a convenient Chinese local time isn't a sign of things to come.

As for the fixture, an easier one would have been good given the state we are in, but Benitez is good at cups and that gives my hope that we'll make it through.

Do they think a load of Chinese are gonna tune in at 11:15 on a Thursday morning to watch John Salako draw balls out of a hat for a competition they've never heard of? :lol:

@Stottie - It's not even convenient, everyone will be at work

I cant remember who said it but there was talk of playing a round of Premier League fixtures abroad.. things like this draw are just to get people used to the idea.

If that is - or ever  becomes - real can you imagine the uproar?

No matter whether you are the allocated home or away team there are a load of season ticket holders who would not be able to see that specific game.  Who pays for that?

Sounds like it could never be a starter in my opinion....

Exhibition matches maybe but, competitive league games, no way!

Do they think a load of Chinese are gonna tune in at 11:15 on a Thursday morning to watch John Salako draw balls out of a hat for a competition they've never heard of? :lol:

@Stottie - It's not even convenient, everyone will be at work

I'd guess at least one of those drawing the balls will be a Chinese person of note (at least to them) the other probably Beckham.

You just know it's going to bring up a load of crap jokes, no.22 sweet and sour pork etc.

Some little Chinese bairn will fall in love with the game upon finding out who Bradford draw in the league cup.

Would love to know who comes up with these ideas like. They'll get their way with league games played abroad one day. Hopefully the game is long dead by then.

Guest firetotheworks

I really used to think that it wasn't that bad, but I despair at what the game's becoming, like. It's accelerated at a ridiculous rate recently as well.

How long till the semi finals are held in China or something?

Woodman

Manquillo Lascelles Mbemba Gamez

Saivet Merino

Murphy De Jong Aarons

Mitro

I really used to think that it wasn't that bad, but I despair at what the game's becoming, like. It's accelerated at a ridiculous rate recently as well.

When did this sanitisation and globalisation start? Many cite 1992 due to Sky/PL but back then did it not seem that the televised games actually meant something, if your club was on TV whether at home or away it felt like a massive occasion? Now it's just a pain as it makes fans unable to get to games, and it happens at least once every 2 or 3 weeks. Like why the fuck is West Brom v Stoke on 'Super Sunday' this weekend, man? :lol:

Darlow

Mbemba    Lascellas.    Clark

Manquillo.    Hayden.    Merino.        Ritchie

Murphy.        Joselu    Aarons

Thoughts?

Why does some players have periods after them? :lol:

Darlow

Mbemba    Lascellas.    Clark

Manquillo.    Hayden.    Merino.        Ritchie

Murphy.        Joselu    Aarons

Thoughts?

Why does some players have periods after them? :lol:

That time of month.

Prutton predicts us to lose against his old team. The worst pundit going.

His raging hatred of us is quite remarkable. Maybe he's still annoyed that we went to scout him and signed Jenas instead.