Newcastle United 3 - 0 West Ham United - 26/08/17 (post match reaction from p22)

Greg

That was two very poor sides until the goal. Really am thankful there are a fair few sides like West Ham in the league. So unambitious.

Really thought Joselu would fluff the chance :lol: The team really needs the self-belief the goal brought and got into threatening areas a few times, through balls in behind their defence into advancing wingers :thup:

At times I do feel like there is quality in the first XI. Pockets of quality anyway. Perez can be great, but falls apart anywhere near the opposition box :lol: like two different players in one body.

Still no team identity as such, nor a way to use the quality effectively on a consistent basis to get the better of the likes of West Ham regularly. Early days though.

With the struggle we've had getting jabba the hutt to spend money I wish Rafa would have gone for more young players with potential like Merino in other positions also.

He's such a great manager for coaxing the best out of these young players.

HT. So far, so good. We look up for it more than them, even when a goal up, and have shown more quality.

Some s*** kicking from Eliot, but more so from Hart who could have conceded two on ricochets from him hitting it straight into our players. There is no way he should be England's #01.

West Ham look disinterested, like a team in April with 40 points on the board. It reminds me of that time we played them last day when Sissoko and Jonas scored when relegation beckoned for the Lick.

Great goal from us from active pressing. It was from a tackle by Ritchie and ricochet back off Joselu, who then made the run to finish the move off. No offense, but I don't think that series of events would happen with Mitro and his movement. I can't see it at all.

HT. So far, so good. We look up for it more than them, even when a goal up, and have shown more quality.

Some s*** kicking from Eliot, but more so from Hart who could have conceded two on ricochets from him hitting it straight into our players. There is no way he should be England's #01.

West Ham look disinterested, like a team in April with 40 points on the board. It reminds me of that time we played them last day when Sissoko and Jonas scored when relegation beckoned for the Lick.

Great goal from us from active pressing. It was from a tackle by Ritchie and ricochet back off Joselu, who then made the run to finish the move off. No offense, but I don't think that series of events would happen with Mitro and his movement. I can't see it at all.

:thup:

Elliot's kicking has been shocking.

Joselu looks an immediate upgrade on Mitro.

Don't miss Dummett for a second. Mbemba is a better LB.

Good on the ball but he's being  ruined by Antonio.

:thup: Like Mbemba and he's doing an admirable job out of position but he really is just filling in. Christ we must have some wank LBs on the books.