Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I rate Maguire. Uncompromising defender who is really good with the ball at his feet. Seems to have good leadership qualities too.

Expect Leicester to then request a two for one special and take Lascelles off us as well, along with Ayoze.

Guest chopey

I rate Maguire. Uncompromising defender who is really good with the ball at his feet. Seems to have good leadership qualities too.

Expect Leicester to then request a two for one special and take Lascelles off us as well, along with Ayoze.

100% this

For me he’s too slow and in the big games gets found out positionally - he can pass the ball all he wants

Leicester could be an outside bet for a top 6 finish if they sign Tielemans along with Perez. They looked a much better side under Rodgers back end of the last season than they ever did under Puel. They seem to building a very promising young side that will definitely be at least top 8 for the next few years.

Chelsea's lack of an out and out goal scorer could see them struggle this season along with hiring an inexperienced manager like Lampard.

Don't think Rodgers would want a defender as limited on the ball as Lascelles for big money

My Leicester supporting mate is wanting them to snap Man United'a hand off for the fee offered today. Said on the whole he's an above average defender who is nothing flash with the ball at his feet and prone to a clanger.

If I was Klopp I’d go all out this window to take him to Liverpool, pay whatever is needed to buy him, even if it’s all they get. They’d win the title imo.

For me he’s too slow and in the big games gets found out positionally - he can pass the ball all he wants

]

moves like a fucking oil tanker, its painful to me

Terrible at defending the space behind him too looks absolutely clueless when strikers make runs behind him.

Very overrated.

Man United paid £30m for Rio Ferdinand in 2002 when they had a revenue of around £175m. 17% of their total income. MUFC have to pay £90m for Harry Maguire in 2019, when their turnover is around £590m. 15% of their total income.

The inflation in football is incredible, but it makes the fees more understandable.

Man United paid £30m for Rio Ferdinand in 2002 when they had a revenue of around £175m. 17% of their total income. MUFC have to pay £90m for Harry Maguire in 2019, when their turnover is around £590m. 15% of their total income.

The inflation in football is incredible, but it makes the fees more understandable.

:thup:

You're comparing Rio Ferdinand to Harry McGuire without taking into account the fact that McGuire will never be as good as Ferdinand.

you know I get and understand that point, but on the other hand Harry Maguire for £90m. He's a solid to good defender but nothing exceptional

Think they’ll be close to breaking the top 5-6 this season. You can accept selling your star player when a huge bid comes in (Kante, Mahrez, probably Maguire) when you then go out and buy the likes of Ndidi, Maddison, Tielemans and strengthen other areas. They’ll probably go out and buy a £25-30m CB and look an even stronger side next season. Jealous.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Leicester end saying 16m and the Newcastle end saying 30m. Wouldn't be surprised if the real fee is 20-25 mill.