Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Be interesting to see if Mitro can actually do some numbers this time around in the Championship.

He did to get Fulham up.

Completely slipped my mind that he was on loan first.

Mings for £26m  :lol: Football is s**** man.

I would be devastated if we spent even 5 million on him. Football really is fucked if he's going for that.

You obviously aren't aware of the transformative effect he had on us.

He was phenomenal for us last year. In fact, his arrival was just as influential as grealish returning on us winning ten in a row and getting promoted.

He's brilliant on the ball, brings it out of defence superbly, never resorts to hoofing it, almost always completes his pass (and I am not talking about to someone stood five yards from him), commanding in the air, and it was his leadership that changed our defence from being a mid table comedic mess to one that barely conceded for a large chunk of the season.

You will not find a villa fan who disagrees with that.

During one game, the guy who sits next to me turned to me and said "I know this sounds nuts but he reminds me of Paul McGrath". Obviously, comparing a mere mortal to a deity is not acceptable, but I understand why he said that.

I CGAF if he cost 20m (20m being the new 5m), I am extremely relieved we've signed him.

I would be devastated if we spent even 5 million on him. Football really is fucked if he's going for that.

He was phenomenal for us last year. In fact, his arrival was just as influential as grealish returning on us winning ten in a row and getting promoted.

He's brilliant on the ball, brings it out of defence superbly, never resorts to hoofing it, almost always completes his pass (and I am not talking about to someone stood five yards from him), commanding in the air, and it was his leadership that changed our defence from being a mid table comedic mess to one that barely conceded for a large chunk of the season.

During one game, the guy who sits next to me turned to me and said "I know this sounds nuts but he reminds me of Paul McGrath". Obviously, comparing a mere mortal to a deity is not acceptable, but I understand why he said that.

I CGAF if he cost 20m (20m being the new 5m), I am extremely relieved we've signed him.

The caveat to all this being it was done in the Chmapionship, where Fitz Hall, Tamas Kadar and Mike Williamson looked good. It's a risky fee but at least you're having a fucking go, unlike some.

Guest Howaythetoon

And that folks, is how we should all equate a player’s value as a footballer rather than ££££. Yes fees are insane, but if this lad is a good player for Villa and having him makes them a better team, whether he cost 1m or 50m, that’s all that matters. We should know. Rondon for 30m would be worth it. 16m is a steal.

There is always the flip side of that of course when the likes of Joselu cost 5m.

Regardless, Villa are investing in their squad and showing ambition and a desire to pay whatever they can afford for players they rate. If that means 20m + for Mings when you get 5 times that just by being in the league, it’s all relative anyway!

And that folks, is how we should all equate a player’s value as a footballer rather than ££££. Yes fees are insane, but if this lad is a good player for Villa and having him makes them a better team, whether he cost 1m or 50m, that’s all that matters. We should know. Rondon for 30m would be worth it. 16m is a steal.

There is always the flip side of that of course when the likes of Joselu cost 5m.

Regardless, Villa are investing in their squad and showing ambition and a desire to pay whatever they can afford for players they rate. If that means 20m + for Mings when you get 5 times that just by being in the league, it’s all relative anyway!

Always listen to the fans of the other teams rather than the media bollocks, they know their club and players better than anyone.  If the fans are happy and think it's a decent deal then it probably is.

John P's point above is very valid, too - that was in the championship, the premier league is a different thing altogether, but that's the case for a lot of our players. Mings deserves the chance, though, based on what he did for us.

Another point, the fans absolutely love him. He's a cult figure, not getting him on a permanent would have been a massive blow to morale, it's good to see the club acting on it (and I accept, knowing that, Bournemouth were in a strong bargaining position).

One reason the fans love him: this is him at Bournemouth station the day after the play offs win. He'd travelled down on the train in full kit, medal round his neck.

D7qcJDoWkAgorkF.jpg

I would be devastated if we spent even 5 million on him. Football really is f***ed if he's going for that.

John P's point above is very valid, too - that was in the championship, the premier league is a different thing altogether, but that's the case for a lot of our players. Mings deserves the chance, though, based on what he did for us.

Another point, the fans absolutely love him. He's a cult figure, not getting him on a permanent would have been a massive blow to morale, it's good to see the club acting on it (and I accept, knowing that, Bournemouth were in a strong bargaining position).

One reason the fans love him: this is him at Bournemouth station the day after the play offs win. He'd travelled down on the train in full kit, medal round his neck.

D7qcJDoWkAgorkF.jpg

He's scum he should be in prison for what he did to Oliveria. Vile