Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest HTT II
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Arsenal supposedly want Bowen, can’t see them getting him mind.

Saka on his way….?

Guest neesy111

Pep wants showering in shit if he doesn't deliver the CL soon.  I did think last season's CL exit was not his fault though.

Edited by neesy111

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Arsenal supposedly want Bowen, can’t see them getting him mind.

I truly, truly don’t understand where they’re getting the money. They’ve not been in the CL for years now.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

I truly, truly don’t understand where they’re getting the money. They’ve not been in the CL for years now.

Spending their ESL money early…

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

I have wondered the same thing all summer when I’ve seen who they have already bought and the names they continue to try and sign.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Their wage bill has come down massively and their income is still pretty good from stadium, sponsors etc.

You's spurs are fucked from that stadium, still can't even get naming rights for it.

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Pep wants showering in shit if he doesn't deliver the CL soon.  I did think last season's CL exit was not his fault though.

There’s only so much you can do. I mean, look at the year we knocked them out as well. That was an unbelievable tie, although arguably he fucked it a bit with his team in the first leg.

It’s the usual thing, sometimes you just need a little break at the right time. All you can do is maximize the odds of winning a trophy.

10 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Their wage bill has come down massively and their income is still pretty good from stadium, sponsors etc.

They keep losing money though:

It just feels like they’re really going to struggle if they miss out on the CL again this year. Dunno, maybe I’m missing something.

2 hours ago, loki679 said:

Why aren't any of these clubs getting done for FFP violations?

I presume that allowances were made for COVID. Like, that list of the 25 biggest annual losses includes 10 during COVID years.

What’s irksome is that when you strip those out, you’re still left with 15. The clubs responsible for the 15 biggest annual losses in “normal” seasons are - Everton once, Villa once, City four times and Chelsea nine times. Year after year they made spectacular losses. And all that money Abramovich pumped into Chelsea looks like just disappearing into thin air:

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/news/report-costly-qpr-financial-fair-play-case-shows-what-chelsea-could-face-after-abramovichs-decision/

As your lawyer pointed out in the above article, QPR fell foul of FFP because writing off their debt (£60M!) was considered an equity contribution. The argument about Chelsea (and presumably Man City) is that those losses and that debt were largely accrued before FFP.

Arsenal wrote off £85m for Covid so even with that they're still outside the allowed losses.

What's the point in us trying to stick to FFP rules when it seems you can just do what you want anyway? 

50 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Arsenal wrote off £85m for Covid so even with that they're still outside the allowed losses.

What's the point in us trying to stick to FFP rules when it seems you can just do what you want anyway? 

I can’t find a simple breakdown tbh. It’s clear you can’t just “do what you want” any more but there are a couple of obvious glitches. The fact that Man City and Chelsea did just do what they want for years was the initial reason FFP was brought in. Then Man City started the comedy “sponsorships”. Then COVID  came along which you had to allow for. Then Chelsea seemed to be able to just magic away their debt accrued by annual losses, unlike QPR.

The TV deal gives English clubs loads of leeway. The COVID years seem to have put FFP on hold for a bit. Arsenal did cut their wage bill back. It just seems like they’ve still gambled on getting into the CL this year.