Other clubs' transfers

Greg

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

From the little I've seen of him Scamacca's calling card is his really good hold up and link up play. Every scout report you read on him also supports this. Not sure why you don't think  his ball retention is good.

He's more of a technical sort than a robust powerful type though, so not sure if it will work out with Moyes to be honest. Could see it ending up like it did for Haller.

https://www.scoutedftbl.com/best-young-football-players/gianluca-scamacca/

There was a number of games last season where his general play was really poor. Games towards the end of the season such as Lazio, Cagliari and Napoli spring to mind.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good player with potential to grow., but there were games where Sassuolo were under the cosh and he'd just surrender the ball cheaply,  giving them no outlet at all.

…although to be fair, looking at Transfermarkt this would only be their third official transfer in the top 20 by fee. Without looking, name the only club with three transfers in the top 20 right now.

26 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Don't they have one of the best youth academies?! What is happening with all of the youngsters coming through? My God, what a waste.

Pedri and Gavi will still be very important but looks like they're just going all in straight away 

Ajax have spent a fair amount this summer and signed some interesting talented players - Bergwijn, Wijndal, Bassey, resigned Brobbey who is a bit shit maybe but powerful.. Porto manager Sergio Conceicao even sold them his son Francisco, who is the type of inexpensive tricky lightweight left-footed inside forward prospect I'd like us to get as backup (on the top of the £50 million first choice of course). 

But what happened to Tagliafico? He's still an Argentina international.. Must've had a major loss of form for OL to get him for only 4 million in today's market?

Edited by junkhead

They honestly don't do they? [emoji38] I couldn't have handpicked a more Everton signing.

At this stage, if they aren't relegated this year I will be shocked. All the tell tale signs of a club going down.

PFM

Lost their best player

No quality signings

Resigning ex players

Manager critical of his own players

Boardroom all over the place

The only way they stay up is if they somehow start signing a few decent players or they sack Lampard before Xmas with a genuinely quality coach, even then it might be too late.

Can't wait to play these cunts.