Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, 54 said:

Good signing IMO, can cover full back and CM, technically very good and seems a good character. Man City brining in some serious money for some of their ‘unwanted’ players…

41 minutes ago, OCK said:

No club wanting to touch Ronaldo is kinda funny. What a way to see your career fade out. 

The thing is he could have agreed with some other club before going public with his desire to leave, just like what Lewa did. Apparently he assumed clubs would be lining up for his service. Even if he realized now that Man United is his only option, it would be too embarrassing to just walk back to the training and be like :” Hey guys”. 

Edited by Solitude20

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Fair play, I hope he has a good career with them, seems a top lad. Firstly they’ll have to figure out where to play him 

The guy they bought from Porto - where does he play?

I think Zinchenko plays CM and covers LB/LW when needed 

6 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

The thing is he could have agreed with some other club before going public with his desire to leave, just like what Lewa did. Apparently he assumed clubs would be lining up for his service. Even if he realized now that Man United is his only option, it would be too embarrassing to just walk back to the training and be like :” Hey guys”.

I mean he's Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of the day, don't like the bloke but he's hardly going to be mocked by his teammates

West Ham agree fee of £30m, with possibly £5m add ons for Scamacca.

Must admit, I did think we would be differentiating ourselves from the likes of West Ham (and Villa) this window with a few statement signings, to bridge the gap and possibly be expected to finish above them, but as it is, thus far, they've both had stronger windows, and it'll take good management, crowd support, and continued momentum for us to be close to them, especially West Ham, rather than it being the expectation, unless things significantly change in the coming weeks.

Obviously it's mainly covering their backs and anticipated money, but those odds of being the 7th favourites for the league, top 4, w/o big 6 etc. look pretty optimistic at the moment.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-6-finish

8 minutes ago, TBG said:

Forest have gotten themselves a bargain in Lingard. Young players of his quality rarely come round.

He’s not young, and not quality? Plus £200kpw is hardly a bargain. 

Thought this would fit best here...

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1548917012021145606.html 

and

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/barcelona-sell-further-15-laliga-tv-rights-sixth-street-2022-07-22/

About barcelona spending.

EDIT: That values their la liga tv rights at $80m per year, which seems low?

Edited by bobloblaw

Going back to Scamacca. We've been credited with an interest in Isak since the takeover and tried to buy Ekitike. To me that sounds like we're after a player who can play across the front line and who will help our ball retention in the final third.

Scamacca would help with neither of those things. While I do think they've overpaid a bit, he should suit West Ham's style of play, even if they create less chances than Sassuolo do.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Going back to Scamacca. We've been credited with an interest in Isak since the takeover and tried to buy Ekitike. To me that sounds like we're after a player who can play across the front line and who will help our ball retention in the final third.

Scamacca would help with neither of those things. While I do think they've overpaid a bit, he should suit West Ham's style of play, even if they create less chances than Sassuolo do.

You’ve just picked one forward to suit your point. We’ve been credited with an interest in lots of forwards DCL, Toney, Broja, Mara, Sesko & Scamacca. I don’t know about Mara but the other 5 don’t play across the front 3

Edited by gdm

32 minutes ago, gdm said:

You’ve just picked one forward to suit your point. We’ve been credited with an interest in lots of forwards DCL, Toney, Broja, Mara, Sesko & Scamacca. I don’t know about Mara but the other 5 don’t play across the front 3

Aye, but Ekitike is the only one we've actually bid for. I used Isak as Botman and him were allegedly the consortiums number one targets when they took over.

Edited by The Prophet

I get it with Ronaldo but he should of had a clause in his contract saying he could leave for free if they didn't make the cl,hope he finds a club in the cl asap can't be wasting a year now without it

2 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

Funny because most of us want Martial to start the first game. :lol:

Edited by Froggy

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

How do you know Ekitike is the only one we have bid for?

In theory there's others we could have bid for, but it's an absolute rarity that a bid stays private.

*the only one that we've knowingly bid for.

56 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

In theory there's others we could have bid for, but it's an absolute rarity that a bid stays private.

*the only one that we've knowingly bid for.

I'm not sure you really bid for players nowadays to show interest.  I think you have a conversation and see how far apart you are. We probably did with Reims as it sounded like they accepted terms but Ekitike and his agent didn't want to come to us. 

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

I'm not sure you really bid for players nowadays to show interest.  I think you have a conversation and see how far apart you are. We probably did with Reims as it sounded like they accepted terms but Ekitike and his agent didn't want to come to us. 

Reims confirmed that we had a bid accepted.

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

From the little I've seen of him Scamacca's calling card is his really good hold up and link up play. Every scout report you read on him also supports this. Not sure why you don't think  his ball retention is good.

He's more of a technical sort than a robust powerful type though, so not sure if it will work out with Moyes to be honest. Could see it ending up like it did for Haller.

https://www.scoutedftbl.com/best-young-football-players/gianluca-scamacca/