Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

£120m or so for Mount & Havertz. Chelsea laughing here. 

Basically broke even on Havertz and pocketed 20m for Mount. It's not a terrible outcome. I do feel like they've mis-managed Mount. Havertz I'm less convinced by, personally, but given he made a name for himself as a 10/winger seems a bit daft to use him as a false 9. 

5 hours ago, Rich said:

Interesting. 

I find it telling we didn't go back. The fee appeared to be around that 40-50m mark and on paper he's a standard number six that can also drop into defense if needs be.  

5 hours ago, Viana said:

Basically broke even on Havertz and pocketed 20m for Mount. It's not a terrible outcome. I do feel like they've mis-managed Mount. Havertz I'm less convinced by, personally, but given he made a name for himself as a 10/winger seems a bit daft to use him as a false 9. 

Interesting. 

I find it telling we didn't go back. The fee appeared to be around that 40-50m mark and on paper he's a standard number six that can also drop into defense if needs be.  

He’s shite that’s why, might be versatile but bang average at that price.

Nkunku and Jackson seems more money wasted by Chelsea. 85m for a couple of wide forwards in the mould of Sterling,Pulisic, Mudryk etc that they seem to have loads of.

They could have used that 85m and not been far off Kane/Osimhen etc or a similar out and out centre forward to lead the line which is what they need 

Edited by Viewfromtheafternoon

55 minutes ago, Viewfromtheafternoon said:

Nkunku and Jackson seems more money wasted by Chelsea. 85m for a couple of wide forwards in the mould of Sterling,Pulisic, Mudryk etc that they seem to have loads of.

They could have used that 85m and not been far off Kane/Osimhen etc or a similar out and out centre forward to lead the line which is what they need 

Would either of them join Chelsea? 

Kane would be a fool to join Chelsea. 

I like all of these players so not knocking them, but City, Arsenal, Man United, and Chelsea fighting over the dealings of Rice, Mount, and Caicedo while we shuttle in an Italian international from AC Milan is very enjoyable.

19 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I like all of these players so not knocking them, but City, Arsenal, Man United, and Chelsea fighting over the dealings of Rice, Mount, and Caicedo while we shuttle in an Italian international from AC Milan is very enjoyable.

I'd rather Tonali than Mount to be perfectly honest. I just want someone. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

My guess is this is just some gamesmanship in negotiations. I'd be surprised if Mount ends up anywhere else.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

My guess is this is just some gamesmanship in negotiations. I'd be surprised if Mount ends up anywhere else.

Pretty minging if we cave in and pay £58m+7. He has a year left on his deal. Destined to overpay for players forever. 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Pretty minging if we cave in and pay £58m+7. He has a year left on his deal. Destined to overpay for players forever. 

You deserve it for getting any sort of currency when you sold us Butt, Smith, and Obertan.

14 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I said this in the Tonali thread. I'm sure Mount is a very good player, but for the same amount of money I'd rather have Tonali.

I specifically remember Man Utd being heavily linked with Caicedo before he joined Brighton. Think they could have had him for £4 million. Now they’ll have pay 20 times that. They just love wasting money. Pogba, Sancho, list goes on. 

17 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Man City are obscene, they never even have to take a single transfer risk, just get a world class player who’s already reaching their peak with every signing

Yep, forget about the 100+ charges of financial wrongdoing, let's just spend 200m on a couple of players and worry about it later.