Other clubs' transfers

Greg

5 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

Have to say, looks the weakest bottom half of the PL for quite some time. Sheff Utd, Luton, Burnley, Wolves, Everton, Palace & Forest. Dreadful.

Along with the strongest top half for years. It’s going to be a great season to watch. (Hopefully.)

Strange one with Zaha... I can only think he thought clubs would be willing to pay the salary he wanted or at least use one or two to bid against each other.

Seems he has either priced himself out of the moves he wanted or maybe left it too late in his career to get a top six team 

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

16 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Strange one with Zaha... I can only think he thought clubs would be willing to pay the salary he wanted or at least use one or two to bid against each other.

Seems he has either priced himself out of the moves he wanted or maybe left it too late in his career to get a top six team 

He had a spell at Man Utd and he probably hated it.

Feel like Zaha has to be the central player in the team to be at his best and Gala are possibly the "best" team where he could be that. He'll have the chance to win league titles there and be the key player. 

He's not getting that status in any of the top 5 leagues and I don't think he works in a top 6 PL side at all. 

Edited by Smal

7 hours ago, Wullie said:

I'm so surprised he's gone to that graveyard league, thought he'd end up in Serie A if he left Palace. I still love him as a player.

I think the racism might have put him off Italy, although Turkey is far from ideal when it comes to that. 

In his pomp, Zaha was a player I begrudgingly admired because he was a lock for about 15 goals/assists a season which is impressive for someone that plays predominantly as a winger.

Despite that I think Palace may have dodged a bullet here. Prior to last season there was only one season where he failed to break double figures for goal involvements. Last season he scored one league goal after mid-November and missed a lot of games through injury. I also think he's starting to slow down physically. He doesn't look as explosive nor does he look as dangerous when trying to take a man on. 

I appreciate there's always sentimentality at play in situations like this, but offering £200,000 a week for four years (roughly £41.5m) just doesn't feel in line with how that club is run. 

7 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Annoyingly cuts off the bit where you say “since when do we believe the Mail anyway?”

Been waiting a while to use that one, eh? Have to respect it

Interesting one Zaha. He must be at the ‘I want a new challenge’ stage of his career.  He’s stated before he wants to win trophies and seemingly wants to play in the champions league. And seemingly he’ll do that by any means necessary.  

If I were him or his agent. I would be on the phone to Arteta, Howe and co. and offering my services for £80k p/w. 

But I think he’s too used to being a big fish mentally and in his play style. 

Palace aren’t overly reliant on him anymore.