Greg

Chelsea's last 3 seasons spending

23/24 (so far) 

Net +40m

22/23

Net -470

21/22

Net +30m

Thats -400m over the last rolling 3 seasons. I know Net spend isnt the whole picture with FFP but can anyone explain how thats possible? 

1 minute ago, Tina Tooner said:

Chelsea's last 3 seasons spending

23/24 (so far) 

Net +40m

22/23

Net -470

21/22

Net +30m

Thats -400m over the last rolling 3 seasons. I know Net spend isnt the whole picture with FFP but can anyone explain how thats possible? 

I’m guessing the 470m figure is the “headline” figure and not the amortisatised one? The headline figure isn’t relevant for FFP purposes. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

I’m guessing the 470m figure is the “headline” figure and not the amortisatised one? The headline figure isn’t relevant for FFP purposes. 

Indeed. It's why they initially pulled that 8 year contract shit to get around it, only to have the loophole closed.

30 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

In his first season in charge spurs finished fifth then the next three seasons they finished second and third twice. The average points per game is relative to the season their earned in.  On top of this he also took them to a champions league final.  He also took soton to eighth- their highest ever premier league finish, beating Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea that season.

With a stable club in the background, mind, not the bizarre random spending machine that is Chelsea. I think that might be the distinguishing factor.

Just now, brummie said:

Indeed. It's why they initially pulled that 8 year contract shit to get around it, only to have the loophole closed.

And they used that a lot :lol:

it’s ironic because if we did it ( we should have) the loophole would have been closed right away. 

Looks like we are flogging Aaron Ramsey (Jacob's brother) to Burnley for 12m plus a buy back clause.

Surprised as he's mega promising but he's going to have to get ahead of one of Douglas Luiz, McGinn, Tielemans, Kamara, Jacob Ramsey, Buendia, Dendoncker, which I can't see happening any time soon.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

They got 2 windows doing it :lol:

surprised you lot were also a sleep at the wheel and not using it. 

Our spending is minimal compared to yours these last two years, so I'd be surprised you weren't on it rather than us!

Just now, brummie said:

Our spending is minimal compared to yours these last two years, so I'd be surprised you weren't on it rather than us!

Wasn’t a knock, Chelsea using these loops holes is smart imo. 

We likely didn’t have anyone smart enough to actually realise it was a thing given how Ashley left us. 

Then there's the flip side that they actually have players with immense 7 or 8 year contracts.

Who was it that in the early Abrahmovich era basically sat out his fat contract with them and did fuck all?

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

Looks like we are flogging Aaron Ramsey (Jacob's brother) to Burnley for 12m plus a buy back clause.

Surprised as he's mega promising but he's going to have to get ahead of one of Douglas Luiz, McGinn, Tielemans, Kamara, Jacob Ramsey, Buendia, Dendoncker, which I can't see happening any time soon.

Didn’t he do well on loan last season?

Just now, brummie said:

Then there's the flip side that they actually have players with immense 7 or 8 year contracts.

Who was it that in the early Abrahmovich era basically sat out his fat contract with them and did fuck all?

This actually doesn’t matter as long as you have the money. 

Remember Putins bagman ran the club at massive losses and still turned a profit on the sale. 

4 minutes ago, brummie said:

Bogarde

13 minutes ago, brummie said:

With a stable club in the background, mind, not the bizarre random spending machine that is Chelsea. I think that might be the distinguishing factor.

We’ll have to wait and see

9 hours ago, brummie said:

Chelsea's unbelievable rate of signing players. I just don't get it

I can just about understand that they know what they are doing with FFP, but as for the rate of signings they engaged in in January (ie bat shit) followed by much the same this summer, I just can't believe these are the decisions of lots of people all pulling in the right direction.

My prediction for this season is that they're going to have a stinker, and Poch won't last till the end.

They keep on stacking them. 

I fancy Poch to sort it out to a large degree through.  

Just now, The College Dropout said:

They keep on stacking them. 

I fancy Poch to sort it out to a large degree through.  

I do - the day we got took over I genuinely said to my father when talking about it that I’d be delighted if we got in Howe or Poch, I do really rate him but hope to God I’m wrong.

8 minutes ago, brummie said:

You’re thinking Bogarde. But Bogarde signed way before Abramovic but was hanging around a year or two into the Abramovic era. 

1 hour ago, Ronson333 said:

Loads of Chelsea fans moaning Brighton should sell them Caicedo and are disrespecting them for holding out for £100m ?

Am I the only one that would just pay the £100 million for him if I were Chelsea?

The kid took to the Premier League right away as a teen basically, and is still impossibly young.

Unlike Rice he as also shown he can play that holding role in a progressive team that presses high and keeps the ball.

They probably manage to get him for around £80 million if he didn't just sign that new contract in Jan, but he did.

Another £20 million is hardly a disaster for him especially with the way they've been throwing money around already. So strange.

The one player that is most likely to slot in and do well for them is the one they are hesitating on.

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Am I the only one that would just pay the £100 million for him if I were Chelsea?

The kid took to the Premier League right away as a teen basically, and is still impossibly young.

Unlike Rice he as also shown he can play that holding role in a progressive team that presses high and keeps the ball.

They probably manage to get him for around £80 million if he didn't just sign that new contract in Jan, but he did.

Another £20 million is hardly a disaster for him especially with the way they've been throwing money around already. So strange.

The one player that is most likely to slot in and do well for them is the one they are hesitating on.

Aye. He doesn’t carry the ball like Rice but everything else he seems to be at least as good as imo. But Caicedo is younger and can play more positions.